Radzen 2.43.0 fails to start or closes shortly after started

Hi guys,

We recently released Radzen 2.43.0 which includes an update to Electron (the framework that Radzen uses under the hood).

Unfortunately this version has two major issues:

1. On macOS it fails to start. Caused by a version discrepancy between electron dependencies.
  2. On Windows it will close after a while. Happens after we released 2.43.1 to address the former issue. Radzen tries to auto update and crashes due to a Electron bug. (more info in this thread).

The solution to both issues is to manually download and install latest Radzen. We will release 2.43.2 shortly to see if our latest fixes work as expected with live auto updates.

2 Likes

I go to manually download the Windows version of the file. I get and error message saying it does not exist.

At this point Radzen opens for a second or two, then closes.

This is the download errror message:
Error: No download available for platform null for version 2.43.2 (*)
at /node_modules/nuts-serve/lib/nuts.js:192:27
at _fulfilled (/node_modules/octocat/node_modules/q/q.js:834:54)
at /node_modules/octocat/node_modules/q/q.js:863:30
at Promise.promise.promiseDispatch (/node_modules/octocat/node_modules/q/q.js:796:13)
at /node_modules/octocat/node_modules/q/q.js:604:44
at runSingle (/node_modules/octocat/node_modules/q/q.js:137:13)
at flush (/node_modules/octocat/node_modules/q/q.js:125:13)
at processTicksAndRejections (internal/process/task_queues.js:75:11)

Do you try to download from here: https://www.radzen.com/download/#windows ? Should download fine.

The direct download links to some older versions may not work indeed (the casing of the installers changed with the Electron upgrade too).

Window's User here. I installed 2.43.2 this morning and Radzen briefly opens then shuts down. I uninstalled, rebooted multiple times with no success unfortunately.

If you are a trial or community user - yes this is a known issue. Install 2.42.10 from here and disable automatic updates from the settings. We are still working on a fix for that issue.

Hi @anthonyyott, Radzen 2.42.3 (latest official version) should address those problems.

@korchev - Thank you sir. I've installed 2.42.3 and it is now working as expected.

Hello

v2.43.5 and the problem still exists

Error: ENOENT: no such file or directory, open '/opt/Radzen/resources/app-update.yml'

Ubuntu / Mint 18.3
64b

Same as Mtarlac here

Forget to say that 2.43.0 on other computer works fine. (also, Mint 18.3, 64bit)

Indeed there has been a change in one of our dependency which has started to try running autoupdates on Linux (previously it didn't support that). Now it seems autoupdates of Electron applications are supported on Linux by using a different file format - AppImage. We will test with AppImage and start releasing that instead of *.deb files.

1 Like