Important: Radzen and Angular 11

Any news here ?

Does anyone still monitor here?

Angular 12 support isn't coming any time soon.

Hi Korchev, thank you for your reply.
Radzen will make Blazor a priority over the angular?
I see lots of improvements on Blazor, but Angular halted.
It may just be my impression, but I feel that angular has lost Radzen priority.
I comment this to have a direction for new projects with radzen.

Indeed most of our efforts are currently concentrated on Blazor as we must bring it on par with Angular. For example we had to implement a full set of UI components from scratch. Also most of Radzen's users happen to use Blazor (80%).

We haven't abandoned Angular support and don't plan to do so. However the interest in Angular 11 support hasn't been great and we don't want to invest time in Angular 12 support yet.

Blazor was one of main things that got me interested in Radzen, but two year ago Angular was or seemed more stable to create an application with than Blazor.

considering 80/20 customer usage I understand the priority , perhaps there should also be more support to transition from Angular to Blazor of existing Angular Radzen apps without loosing functionalities.

Regards
Mehmet

Hi.

I have done as requested and tried to "upgrade" my existing app but when run I just get an error "Cannot GET /" so the upgrade is not working.
I have tried to create a new application and the same builds and works ok.

Hi guys. When you update this beta to sync with latest version (2.65.x) to sync all the changes?

Hi korchev

I would then hope that you will update Radze to version 12 of Angular in your beta version.
I know there are breaking changes in Angular compared to version 7 which is in Radzen now.
But is it possible that you will update Radzen in the near future to version 12 of the "True Version" of Angular?
I chose Radzen because it was an Angular Generator, after which i could further customize it for your own components.
I'll be sorry if you do not update to the newer version of Angular when I have spent so much time on Angular.
If I had to switch to Blazor, I would probably get into the same problems with making special functionality to be made in Javascript anyway,
which I was also out with Angular. I dread switching to the Blazor.

Yours sincerely

Carsten Gissel

The current Angular version is 13.3 AFAIK which has even more breaking changes compared to 7 and 11 which is used in the beta. Frankly I am not sure if we will be able to upgrade to 13 any time soon. Not to mention the Angular team plans another major release very soon.

Howdy! I am having issues with notifications not firing correctly. I.e Click a button, http post is made, but the notification does not fire even though result is successful. If click the button again, then notification is shown. Causing duplicates. any ideas?

Hello! What's the status of this upgrade?

1 Like

Hi everyone,

There's no roadmap link on the angular page, that says a lot about what's happening.

I only use angular because that's what my clients are requesting! no one of them has ever heard of Blazor, and a simple google with Blazor vs Angular leaves no doubt. Plus, Microsoft might just drop it as it did with silverlight. I do understand the technical power behind Blazor, but comercially speaking, it's a No!

I do love Radzen, but might not consider it for future projects, sadly...

2 Likes

Dear Radzen team,
please share with us the roadmap for the Angular 11 or newer upgrade.

Thank you

1 Like

Dear Radzen team,
please share with us the roadmap for the Angular 11 or newer upgrade.

Thank you