Form "is loading" never stops

Hello Radzen team,
i have checked "is Loading" in designer. When opening the page the "is loading" animation want stop.

Regards
Thomas

Hi Thomas,

This is by design. The IsLoading property displays the loading indicator. You have to set it back to false at some point to make it hide.

Uhh… I would love to use this property to show the user that a grid is loading data. But setting it in every grid manually to false is time consuming.
an Idea… is it possible to replace the checkbox of the property with a dropdown with e.g. “no action”, “manually turn off”, “automatically turn off” or something else that explains the behaviour. “automatically” will then stop the loading animation when all data for the form is loaded?

Regards
Thomas

The DataGrid should display the loading indicator automatically when the user changes the current page or sorts. No need to set anything. Doesn’t this happen at your side?

Oh… i’ve never seen a loading animation. so i thought the “isloading” property is for this!
When i start the app it looks like this video
No loading animation… the grid is empty until data is loaded. nothing else happens.

Regards
Thomas

Yes, the PrimeNG DataGrid displays the loading automatically when the user changes the page, sorts or filters. For other cases the IsLoading property should be used.

Hi Atanas,
can you explain to me what the difference to “when the user changes the page” and opening the page from login screen is?
Perhaps i only need to activate the is loading only on the page that will be opened from the login screen?

The is loading feature is nice but to expensive to add it manually to every page with data grid where loading can take several seconds. I think normal form pages doesnt need it.

Regards
Thomas

Hi Thomas,

The difference is who initiates the loading animation. When the page loads the grid is empty and doesn't display any loading animation. When its Data property is set (usually the Page Load event retrieves the data) the grid populates. From now on when the user interacts with the grid the loading animation is displayed. There are valid cases when the grid renders empty (filter returns no results, or there is no data to begin with) which is why it cannot display a loading indicator initially.

Using the IsLoading property shouldn't be that expensive. You can set it to true from the property grid and then back to false in the Then event of the Invoke Data Source method which gets the data for the grid.

Hello Atanas,
ok. I see the difference and circumstances.
And you are right its not so expensive. I will investigate this later and we discuss it if we use isLoading or not.
It’s not a important feature for our app. its “nice to have”.

Thx for yout hint where to place the isloading = false setting!

Regards
Thomas