XML Field type

I have the this error 'column "xpto" is of type xml but expression is of type text' how can I overcome it without changing the structure on databse.

0 Likes

What is your database type? PostgreSQL?

0 Likes

The type xml and yes is PostgreSQL.

0 Likes

We will do our best to provide fix for this in our upcoming release tomorrow.

0 Likes

Hmm... I see that we mapped properly xml to string according to our EF provider:
https://www.npgsql.org/doc/types/basic.html

Can you post this table definition?

0 Likes

CREATE TABLE public.flight_plan
(
id integer NOT NULL DEFAULT nextval('flight_plan_id_seq'::regclass),
drone_id integer NOT NULL,
drone_track_id character varying(50) COLLATE pg_catalog."default" NOT NULL,
submission_date timestamp without time zone NOT NULL,
start_date_time timestamp without time zone NOT NULL,
end_date_time timestamp without time zone NOT NULL,
geo_data xml NOT NULL,
status_id integer NOT NULL,
status_date timestamp without time zone NOT NULL,
approval_status_id integer,
region_id integer,
CONSTRAINT flight_plan_pkey PRIMARY KEY (id))
WITH (
OIDS = FALSE
)
TABLESPACE pg_default;

0 Likes

Just tried such field type however everything worked normally:

What's your Postgre version?

0 Likes

Sorry for the delay.

The version of posgresql is 9.6.10 and the error happens in a post, not on get. Upgrading to the last version did not solve the issue.

Below I am sending the error that appears in the output window.

dotnet: fail: Microsoft.EntityFrameworkCore.Database.Command[20102]
** Failed executing DbCommand (54ms) [Parameters=[@p0='?' (DbType = Int32), @p1='?' (DbType = Int32), @p2='?', @p3='?' (DbType = DateTime), @p4='?', @p5='?' (DbType = Int32), @p6='?' (DbType = DateTime), @p7='?' (DbType = DateTime), @p8='?' (DbType = Int32), @p9='?' (DbType = DateTime)], CommandType='Text', CommandTimeout='30']**
** INSERT INTO public.flight_plan (approval_status_id, drone_id, drone_track_id, end_date_time, geo_data, region_id, start_date_time, status_date, status_id, submission_date)**
** VALUES (@p0, @p1, @p2, @p3, @p4, @p5, @p6, @p7, @p8, @p9)**
** RETURNING id;**
Npgsql.PostgresException (0x80004005): 42804: column "geo_data" is of type xml but expression is of type text
** at Npgsql.NpgsqlConnector.<>c__DisplayClass161_0.<g__ReadMessageLong|0>d.MoveNext()**
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
** at Npgsql.NpgsqlConnector.<>c__DisplayClass161_0.<g__ReadMessageLong|0>d.MoveNext() in C:\projects\npgsql\src\Npgsql\NpgsqlConnector.cs:line 1032**
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
** at Npgsql.NpgsqlDataReader.NextResult(Boolean async, Boolean isConsuming) in C:\projects\npgsql\src\Npgsql\NpgsqlDataReader.cs:line 444**
** at Npgsql.NpgsqlDataReader.NextResult() in C:\projects\npgsql\src\Npgsql\NpgsqlDataReader.cs:line 332**
** at Npgsql.NpgsqlCommand.ExecuteDbDataReader(CommandBehavior behavior, Boolean async, CancellationToken cancellationToken) in C:\projects\npgsql\src\Npgsql\NpgsqlCommand.cs:line 1218**
** at Npgsql.NpgsqlCommand.ExecuteDbDataReader(CommandBehavior behavior) in C:\projects\npgsql\src\Npgsql\NpgsqlCommand.cs:line 1130**
** at System.Data.Common.DbCommand.ExecuteReader()**
** at Microsoft.EntityFrameworkCore.Storage.Internal.RelationalCommand.Execute(IRelationalConnection connection, DbCommandMethod executeMethod, IReadOnlyDictionary`2 parameterValues)**

0 Likes

Can you post the data your are trying to submit? Is it something like this?
https://developers.google.com/public-data/docs/canonical/geo_xml

We've just fixed a problem related to XML submit and it will be part of our next release. You will need however to reinfer your data-source to update the meta data.

0 Likes

Thank you for the reply, i will try it out.

0 Likes