When AllowVirtualization="true" grouping does not work

I added AllowVirtualization="true" to my grid and the grouping no longer works. Is this a known issue?

Thanks, Justin.

Hi @asmussen,

Indeed this is not supported at the moment and we will do our best to provide support in one of our next updates.

How can community members vote for features so that we may help you identify and prioritize features?

There is no such voting at the moment.

Hello @enchev, I sure hope this is still in the pipe. I need grouping with some of my projects, but with most it just isn't feasible without virtualization.

Thanks for your consideration,
Slosuenos

Can you provide more info why? I’m afraid that we will not be able to provide data virtualization for groping.

@enchev thanks for the reply. Perhaps I'm just doing something wrong? To answer your question paging can't be turned on with grouping, and while my datasets typically have only a few thousand rows, grouping with virtualization turned off causes showstopper performance problems. I can revisit index, query, etc. optimization, but I don't think I'll ever get close to the performance had by paging or virtualization.

Thanks Enchev,
Slosuenos

Grouping works normally when paging is turned on however will group only current page data due to limited SQL translation capabilities of EF.

@enchev
Exactly, but grouping a page is of little use. If you don't feel that grouping with virtualization on will be technically feasible in the near future, then I'll figure out a workaround.

Thank you,
SloSuenos

@enchev You're amazing! Thank you!

SloSuenos