Using identity server

i am looking at how to best use this product

with Radzen.

note that Identity Server is an OpenID Connect server that does much of the same things that Microsoft's Azure AD login does.
identity server can also work with Microsoft Core Identity

I think that ideally there might be a new option added to the Radzen security options for
Use OpenID Connect
that could allow Identity server or Auth0 and any other non Microsoft OIDC to just plug in.

using Core Identity from Raden might also be made to work but what that does can also be done by Identity Server so that makes for some duplicated work to then clean up and fix.... no need to have both servers trying to manage users and store logins.

Hi @denny,

We don't plan to add Identity Server support as a built-in feature for the time being. Radzen Studio used to have support for it however people didn't like it as it introduced additional costs ($1500 per year). Still you can probably add it to an application created with Radzen Blazor Studio - just follow their tutorials / documentation.

just want to add that they have a free / comunity license so it does not have to cost that.
if a new startup is making less than a million a year you can use it for free.

but i will say that the setup is no easy.

i am now checking out auth0
i think i can make that work but thier sample and the radzen code go about it very differently.....

i have not found any examples of how to make it work..... i wish i had some to look at for ideas....

the auth0 sample is i think more direct, no controller to call and no security service to deal with....
but it does not send the user to the login dialog by default.

hi Denny, did you resolve this?