Upgrade to Version 4.2.2 Causing Errors

Hi:
Just updated
TO: Radzen.Blazor" Version="4.2.2"

Seem to be getting a lot of new errors in the console window.
Anyone else seeing this behavior?

blazor.webassembly.js:1 crit: Microsoft.AspNetCore.Components.WebAssembly.Rendering.WebAssemblyRenderer[100]
Unhandled exception rendering component: 'Value' is not a member of type 'System.String' (Parameter 'propertyOrFieldName')
System.ArgumentException: 'Value' is not a member of type 'System.String' (Parameter 'propertyOrFieldName')
at System.Linq.Expressions.Expression.PropertyOrField(Expression expression, String propertyOrFieldName)
at Radzen.PropertyAccess.Getter[Object,Object](String propertyName, Type type)
at Radzen.DropDownBase1[[System.String, System.Private.CoreLib, Version=6.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=7cec85d7bea7798e]].OnParametersSet() at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Components.ComponentBase.CallOnParametersSetAsync() at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Components.ComponentBase.RunInitAndSetParametersAsync() at Radzen.RadzenComponent.SetParametersAsync(ParameterView parameters) at Radzen.DataBoundFormComponent1.d__75[[System.String, System.Private.CoreLib, Version=6.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=7cec85d7bea7798e]].MoveNext()
at Radzen.DropDownBase1.<SetParametersAsync>d__96[[System.String, System.Private.CoreLib, Version=6.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=7cec85d7bea7798e]].MoveNext() at Radzen.Blazor.RadzenDropDown1.d__38[[System.String, System.Private.CoreLib, Version=6.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=7cec85d7bea7798e]].MoveNext()

Any idea how to reproduce these errors?

Let me try to narrow it down..

I'm a little puzzled on what caused this. I've rolled back to .net 6 and I've had no issues.
I was running .net 7 preview. I'm not saying it was was a .net 7 isssue. I'm just not sure.

I'm planning on upgrading to the release version of 7 when it's released in the next couple of days. Will see if I have any issues.

@Jim_Donnelly
I had the exact same problem after updating the Radzen Components from 4.1.8 to 4.3.1. After an hour of debugging, it turned out that I made an typo on the TextProperty field in one of the RadzenDropDown components because it was bound to a simple List and for whatever reason the TextProperty field is referencing a property of a class. It was likely due to a copy & paste mistake where I copied the RadzenDropDown element from another page and neglected to delete the TextProperty field as it's not needed when binding to a simple List. I found this out by doing Find in Files in Visual Studio for the ArgumentException value. I suggest you to do the same by looking up TextProperty="Value" in all the RadzenDropDown components used in your codes. Interestingly, the prior versions of Radzen Components are more forgiving and this problem only revealed after updating to Radzen 4.3.1 at least that's the case for me.

Indeed using TexProperty/ValueProperty with collection of simple values can cause such error. Mistyping property name as well. In the past we used reflection to collect values however to improve the performance we switched to strongly typed expressions.

Not sure how you where able to find the issue with the textproperty , but I did have 2 places where I should not have been using the property. I did remove and was able to upgrade to :slight_smile:

Thanks for the feedback and help. Not sure how long it would have taken me to figure out..

Jim