Unable to access app after Deploy

I was able to successfully publish the app to my IIS server, however I am getting a 500.19 error message. The specific error code is 0x80070021. It looks to be related to locking but I can't seem to figure out where and what I need to change to get beyond this. Has anyone seen this before? This is a fresh install of Windows Server 2016 and IIS.

I was able to get past this by installing all but the CGI Development features for IIS. Now I get "An error occurred while starting the application"

Do you have .NET Core Windows Server hosting installed?

Yes I have both the 1.1.4 and the 2.0.3 installed as well as the rewrite module. I also added folder permissions for the AppPool user.

It looks like the logfile is turned on by default with the web.config file but I do not see it in the IIS app directory.

Have you modified the default settings in Radzen deploy to IIS screen before deploy?

Yes I had. I had set all of the needed IIS setting and credentials as well as the connection string for the data source. I got it working just a bit ago. I completely removed the IIS role, rebooted, re-added the role, set folder permissions, and published. It worked perfectly that time. I'm not sure what the true cause was since I did nothing different I can remember.

1 Like