The switch branches can not find the correct location on the Method Designer

Hi Team,

As in the problem I explained before about the if directive, the cursor cannot find the correct position during sequential operations. This is a similar problem but I reported it separately.

I've tried two scenarios.

1. Create all the cases and add the codes.
  2. Write the codes for each case separately one by one.
    The tests failed for both scenarios.

You can find the videos for each scenario.

RadzenSwitch01

RadzenSwitch02

ADDING
i) I've tried the only design mode (not the split mode) the result was the same.
ii) The switch can work with little help.

When I set the cursor (click and put a space) before each new command, the process works without problem.
RadzenSwitch03

In the example, I left a space right before the command, but you can just leave a space anywhere in the method. The place of the space is not important to reset the cursor position. Everything goes well after the cursor is reset.

Thank you for reporting those issues. We will try to address them with the next release.

1 Like

By the way entering var something in the Name property of Assignment statement isn't something that we recommend doing - you would see that the Assignment changes to Declaration after entering var something. The Name should be only the name of the thing you are assigning. If you want to type var something use Execute statement instead.

Thank you for your explanation.

What I did was a bit out of laziness. Instead of defining a variable in advance and assigning it during testing, I preferred the shortest way that would not return an error. You can see a similar thing in my previous reports. (But I learned now a better way is served by RBS for me :))

I noticed the change when I made the second addition. After each gap, the diagram renewed itself and returned from Assignment to Declaration. That's why I appreciated RBS once again. I'm still learning. What are the tests for? :))

From now on, I will proceed as you suggested.

It's working without error after 1.20.8
Thanks

PS. New commands and "break" are on the same line after the second case. This is not an issue for me.