Switching from SQL Server to Oracle

Hey there,

we have setup a radzen project for SQL Server. Everything is working fine.
We have the same database structure for sql server and oracle for different customers.
Now i was trying to deploy the project for an oracle database. Changed the connection string to the oracle database and this is the error i get:

Microsoft.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: "A network-related or instance-specific error occurred while establishing a connection to SQL Server. The server was not found or was not accessible. Verify that the instance name is correct and that SQL Server is configured to allow remote connections. (provider: Named Pipes Provider, error: 40 - Could not open a connection to SQL Server)"

How do i tell my project to connect to a oracle and not to a sql server database anymore?

Thanks!

Hey @MarGab,

I’m afraid that this is not possible. Your application is generated for SQL Server as database provider.

Hi @MarGab, @enchev,

Can the following scenario work for this case?

*) Create an empty Radzen Project
*) Infer the Oracle schema into the project.
*) This creates models and all the services for SQL
*) Then move the files. I'm not sure which will be easier. Please don't forget to move the necessary files from the meta folder.
a) Move the models and functions to the old project one by one
or
b) Move the pages to the new project one by one.

I suggest try to this scenario for the one-page project and create a road map to the move process.

I hope it works for you.

.NET projects, classes, etc. generated by Radzen are provider dependent. For SQL Server you will have reference to Microsoft.EntityFrameworkCore.SqlServer while for Oracle it will be different NuGet package - Oracle.EntityFrameworkCore. The metadata for the database is entirely provider dependent.