Simple Dropdown

Hi,

I'm sure this is easy, but I'm not really a developer, so it's proving harder than I thought.

I created a master / detail CRUD page and it's loading fine and saving to my database on Azure.

I'd like to convert one of the text inputs into a drop-down list. I don't have look-up tables in the DB. It's going to be a simple app, and I was hoping to use page properties, or something else static to store the name / value pairs for my dropdowns. I'll have more in the future.

I tried to create two global properties... DropDownText and DropDownValues, but that doesn't seem like it will work. Is there an example how the property should be setup for me to bind to it from my drop-down?

Is there any easier way to do this? Thank you!

In my opinion you need single global IEnumerable property that will hold both Text and Value and you can use this property as DropDown Data. For example:

Thank you for the reply. I had the dropdown displaying in the browser, but when I selected an item it would throw an error. I think the value bound to the dropdown was a string and what I was showing as data was an int. I switched them all the be int, but now the dropdown won't even load.

Here's what my global property looks like:

Then I try and bind the data to the global property. It looked like you were doing something different in your example, but I wasn't sure what you put in the data field, or how you connected it.

Thanks again!