Refresh Datasource

I am busy evaluating RadZen and would like to know how I refresh the schema after adding tables to the database

Hi,

To refresh a data source go to the data menu and click the data source you wish to refresh. Then just click next and it will infer the latest database schema.

Best regards,
Atanas

Hi Atanas, Thank you for the reply. When I select the DataSource I see only 3 buttons “Infer Schema” “Create Sample Schema” and “Cancel” - but I assume you mean the “Infer Schema”

My bad - I never expanded the dbo schema and selected the tables.

You are right, by ‘next’ I meant ‘Infer Schema’.

To continue on this topic of refreshing the datasource
After clicking on Infer Schema:
Why does Radzen not begin with the values we have selected before, I often end up loosing my applicationContext.cs ?
In most cases I want to refresh a newly added view or stored proc.
How can we do this save without the chance of loosing data.

Hi @mcanavar,

Can you elaborate?

Why does Radzen not begin with the values we have selected before

Which values do you mean?

gladly:
Selected values for Automatic data-source and pages generation
: did I select Pluralize before or not ?
: did I select Enable cascade delete or not .. etc.

Entities : Why are some tables deselected , when I selected them the first time .

The 'applicationName'Context.cs file is gone when I click finish ,only the 'applicationName'Context.Custom.cs remains ..
So my application does not work anymore .. ( have a backup no worries :slight_smile:

the most disturbing thing is the disappearing 'applicationName'Context.cs file

Entities : Why are some tables deselected , when I selected them the first time .

This shouldn't happen normally. Can you reproduce it consistently?

the most disturbing thing is the disappearing 'applicationName'Context.cs file

Radzen should generate the file as soon as you run the application.

Should I run the file after each refresh ? what about the custom cs files using partials ?

Custom files should always stay. Radzen deletes and generates the other files.

The missing part on my site is that after refreshing the datasource, we should always run the application to generate the code .

If we do not choose the "override existing" only new CRUD pages are generated , right ?

thank you for your listening, did help a lot .

If we do not choose the "override existing" only new CRUD pages are generated , right ?

Yes, Radzen does not overwrite the CRUD pages by default.