RadzenTree checkbox selectedvalue issue

Hi, I'm facing an issue with RadzenTree component. I'm using Radzen.Blazor 3.14.2 with .NET 5.0.
The issue comes from a closed treeitem, once checked, the CheckedValues property report only the parent ID. If you expand the same item and check again the CheckedValues it will show all the children's ID.

I've reproduced the issue with the help of the project link in this topic Treeview with Checkboxes in WebAssembly

This GIF just to visually show the problem:
CheckedValues

Hi @c.rinaldi,

Indeed this is how the tree component works. We are unable to support the opposite since this will require render of all items which is not what we want - it might cause significant performance problems.

Thanks @enchev for the reply, I've now realized that the desired result was not stated.
My goal is to have the same list of ID (children included) in both cases since in both cases all of the children were checked (even if not drawn in the DOM).
The TreeComponent has the list of all the items (except the scenario in which they are loaded on demand) so the property CheckedValues should expose all the values not only the visible ones.

I hope to have been more clear!
And thanks in advance, love the product and appreciate your work.

I wrote the "GetSelectedTreeNodes" method, and I now realize that only relying on the visual tree, to determine selected nodes, was an 'oversight/mistake' on my part.

My recommendation is to make the IsSelected property nullable (in my example it is not) and alter the "GetSelectedTreeNodes" method to examine the IsSelected property of each node, and if the parent IsSelected property is true, and the child node IsSelected property is null, to consider the child node IsSelected property to also be true.

I don't think this is something that Radzen needs to address this because it technically is not a part of the "UI Control".