RadzenHtmlEditor - Compatibility Issues In Firefox Browser

Hello Radzen Team!

We noticed that RadzenHtmlEditor has a different, not expected behavior on Firefox browser.

When we try to copy the text from a Word Document (Please see the format below).
Font: Arial
Size: 11

In Firefox the Editor disconnects and returns the next error

Which generates an empty string... so the changes that we try to save go empty.

It's interesting that we tried it on Edge and Chrome and works as expected. Only with Firefox we get that error.

In addition to that, I would like to reference another ticket that we discussed before: Compatibility Issues In Edge Browser - #3 by enchev

The first time when you verified on the Radzed web it works, the same happens in this case, in the Web example it works even in Firefox. Then you did a different test to find it out, maybe this requires further verification as well.

Thanks in advance!,
Alex

Hi @ALEX_DANIEL_VILLEGAS,

Perhaps you can attach the source of Radzen.Blazor to your project and see what causes the exception when pasting. I couldn't reproduce such exceptions and it may be specific to the Word version, the content being pasted etc.

Hey, I found the root cause, the text I was copying somehow exceeded the max allowed size for messages between clients and servers on a Web Socket connection.

With SignalR I set a limit on the size of messages that the server can receive to 102400000 bytes (or approximately 97.7 megabytes).

This only happens with how text is parsed through Firefox, by debugging the JS Radzen source I noticed that Firefox handles the text pasted with a more complex format that exceeded the size allowed per communication, and the other Browsers handle the same text with a simpler HTML.

Thanks again for the prompt answer and support!