RadzenDataGrid LoadData is not hitting

Hello,

I have a PageNumber state and I am trying to set the PageNumber using GoToPage(), when user comes back to the page. I am following the example mentioned here. (https://blazor.radzen.com/datagrid-loaddata). But My LoadData method is not hitting and I do not see any data in the grid. When I move my API call to OnInitializeAsync and remove the LoadData on the RadzenDataGrid, I could able to see the data in the grid.

Please let me know where I am doing wrong?

@if (_clients != null)
{
    <RadzenButton Text="Add Client" Icon="add_circle" Click="@(args => CreateClient())" class="rz-my-3" />
    <RadzenDataGrid @ref="_grid" AllowFiltering="true" FilterPopupRenderMode="PopupRenderMode.OnDemand" AllowPaging="true" PageSize="10" AllowSorting="true"
                AllowMultiColumnSorting="true" Data="@_clients" TItem="ClientDTO" LoadData="@OnLoadData" Count="@_dataCount">
        <Columns>
            <RadzenDataGridColumn TItem="ClientDTO" Title="#" Filterable="false" Sortable="false" TextAlign="TextAlign.Center">
                <Template Context="data">
                    @(_clients.IndexOf(data) + 1)
                </Template>
            </RadzenDataGridColumn>
            <RadzenDataGridColumn TItem="ClientDTO" Property="Client" Title="Name" />
            <RadzenDataGridColumn TItem="ClientDTO" Property="OfficeAddress" Title="Address" />
            <RadzenDataGridColumn TItem="ClientDTO" Property="OfficePhone" Title="Phone" />
            <RadzenDataGridColumn TItem="ClientDTO" Property="Speciality" Title="Speciality" />
            <RadzenDataGridColumn TItem="ClientDTO" Property="ServiceIsactive" Title="Active" Filterable="false" />
            <RadzenDataGridColumn TItem="ClientDTO" Title="Action" Frozen="true" Sortable="false" Filterable="false" TextAlign="TextAlign.Center">
                <Template Context="data">
                    <RadzenButton ButtonStyle="ButtonStyle.Info" Variant="Variant.Flat" Shade="Shade.Lighter" Icon="info" class="m-1" Click=@(() => EditClient(data.ClientID) ) Text="EDIT" />
                </Template>
            </RadzenDataGridColumn>
        </Columns>
    </RadzenDataGrid>
}
else
{
    <Loading Text="Loading" />
}

@code {
    private RadzenDataGrid<ClientDTO> _grid;
    private List<ClientDTO> _clients;
    private int _dataCount = 0;

//protected override async Task OnInitializedAsync()
    //{
    //    Dispatcher.Dispatch(new GetPageNumberAction());
    //    var _clientResult = await Http.GetFromJsonAsync<IEnumerable<ClientDTO>>("api/Client");
    //    _clients = _clientResult.ToList();
    //}

protected override async Task OnAfterRenderAsync(bool firstRender)
    {
        if (!firstRender)
        {
            await _grid.GoToPage(ClientState.Value.PageNumber);
        }
    }

async Task OnLoadData(LoadDataArgs args)
    {
        var _clientResult = await Http.GetFromJsonAsync<IEnumerable<ClientDTO>>("api/Client");
        _clients = _clientResult.Skip(args.Skip.Value).Take(args.Top.Value).ToList();
        _dataCount = _clients.Count();

int _currentPage = _grid.CurrentPage;

if (ClientState.Value.PageNumber != _grid.CurrentPage)
        {
            Dispatcher.Dispatch(new SetPageNumberAction(_currentPage));
        }
    }

private void CreateClient()
    {
        NavManager.NavigateTo($"/client");
    }

private void EditClient(Guid uuid)
    {
        NavManager.NavigateTo($"/client/uuid={uuid}");
    }
}

The event will be raised only if the variable assigned to Data property is null.

1 Like

Thank you for the Quick Response!!
Problem got resolved :smiley:

@enchev

I have followed your recommendation and removed the null check, I can see the data now in the grid, however the pagination is not visible anymore. Do you see the same issue on your end too?

Looking forward to hear from you.

Thanks!

I’m afraid that I don’t why - you can compare your code to our demos.

1 Like