Radzen visual studio markdown not working

Hi,

After upgrading from visual studio 2019 to 2022 enterprise, all the razor pages of my Blazor project stopped marking down the attributes of the used components, is there a way to fix it? I even updated the Radzen component library with Nuget but that did not seem to fix it.

tl;dr Used to have markdown for the components, after upgrading the IDE, the markdown vanished

Does anyone know any potential fixes?

Edit:

There seems to be an issue with the Visual Studio installation. It doesn't recognize custom Blazor components for some reason. Unfortunately we are not sure what the reason could be. You can try reinstalling.

I don't know what is wrong either.
I just reinstalled Visual Studio 2022 Enterprise edition.
To further test this issue, I tried making a new Blazor Webassembly 6.0 project and imported the library through Nuget.

Next up was simply following the steps as stated on GitHub
(step 6 generates errors in my project as the main gets replaced with

public static async Task Main(string[] args)
{
    var builder = WebAssemblyHostBuilder.CreateDefault(args);
    builder.RootComponents.Add<App>("app");

builder.Services.AddTransient(sp => new HttpClient { BaseAddress = new 
    Uri(builder.HostEnvironment.BaseAddress) });

builder.Services.AddScoped<DialogService>();
    builder.Services.AddScoped<NotificationService>();
    builder.Services.AddScoped<TooltipService>();
    builder.Services.AddScoped<ContextMenuService>();

await builder.Build().RunAsync();
}

but I digress) Doing all of these steps yielded the same result and the markdown is still missing. On the other hand, the project runs fine and the components are being rendered (which is weird but w/e) but it is really unfriendly to read only white rows of text, gets really confusing if you use components with a lot of attributes

Step 6 also talks about including the following:

• <RadzenDialog/>
  • <RadzenNotification/>
  • <RadzenContextMenu/>
  • <RadzenTooltip/>

Is it expected to just dump those 4 lines in MainLayout.razor? Nothing else? Not anything like inbetween <main> or <article>?

Sounds as a missing or broken VS functionality. What about the built-in Blazor components?

This is the standard FetchData.razor which comes with a new Blazor project

Indeed looks fine - PageTitle is colorized. It seems your VS installation does not recognize custom components for some reason. Here is how my VS 2022 looks like:

1 Like

Judging from your screenshot, mine is definitely not fine :joy:, at least this time I am certain that Visual Studio's Razor linter is broken or something, I'll take it up with Microsoft.

Thank you for your time! :slight_smile:

Where you able to figure this out?