Radzen keeps shutting down/closing

Hi

Since the last update my radzen is open for 20 - 30 seconds and then just closes. No errors on event viewer. VS still runs the project.

1 Like

Anything in the log?

found this in the logs

[2023-06-13 13:28:59.920] [error] Cannot download differentially, fallback to full download: Error: Cannot parse blockmap "http://download.radzen.com/download/Radzen-Setup-2.85.0.exe.blockmap", error: incorrect header check, raw data: version: 2.85.1
files:

• url: Radzen-Setup-2.85.1.exe
    sha512: 7WvA/T2A2VNooQtrAnEm/ZekOobrEpG3ODZXezfo6wWy/+EBN3/8s/n3rmBYFdUOLCLhZhrVV0N1T9gcpaDmvA==
    size: 421931672
    isAdminRightsRequired: true
    path: Radzen-Setup-2.85.1.exe
    sha512: 7WvA/T2A2VNooQtrAnEm/ZekOobrEpG3ODZXezfo6wWy/+EBN3/8s/n3rmBYFdUOLCLhZhrVV0N1T9gcpaDmvA==
    releaseDate: '2023-06-09T07:13:54.240Z'

Same issue here. I'm also not able to download the latest version. Considering below post I suspect it's related.

This error message isn't the cause. What happens when you open the license dialog (before Radzen closes)?

It opens fine and when i click "ok" there is a slight pause and it saves. No errors.

Does this happen in all projects? Does Radzen close if you don't open any application? Are you using a license key which is still active?

I have tried 3 different apps, same issue.
I open raden and leave it in the app selection screen and it still closes.
License was renewed in Feb 2023.

I am on version 2.85.0. If i manually try download 2.85.1 it fails. Could this perhaps be the issue Is my current version trying to download the latest version and failing?

Make sure you are using the new license code.

What does "it fails" mean? I can download it just fine.

License key is the new/current one.

When I try download this is what I get.

Hi @DarrenW,

I've restarted our download server - hopefully you will be able to download it normally now.

UPDATE: We've discovered a problem with our download server and we are trying to fix it as we speak. I'll post update when ready!

Strange issue. Download fails when i try with Edge, which is my default browser. Downloads fine with chrome, installs and now the issue is resolved. In edge it downloads the first 2mb and then fails.

Downloads are back now! Looks like electron updater will close the entire application in some cases if there is network error during download. You can turn off "Check for updates" from the menu in the future to avoid such cases (Radzen closes unexpectedly) - we will do our best to find a way to fix this.

Thank you @enchev & @korchev. Seems fine for now, lets see how we go.