Radzen dropdown don't allow me to type anything in the search

Is it disabled? Do you have some css or js code that might have somehow affected that element?

It doesn't allow TValue to be as string , it throws error cannot implicitly convert from Ienumberable to string . I tried giving TValue to IEnumerble it still didn't allow me to search .

Yes, that was stupid on my part. I edited my question :slight_smile:

I am able to select the things from the dropdown but for me to search it dont allow me to type anything there . I don't have any css or js for this element .

Do you at least have the pointer blinking (like you will start writing), when you click on it?

Nope i click there and it does nothing. it behaves like search don't even exists although i see the little search icon.

As if it's disabled. Have you inspected that input element in this situation? Something wrong there?

looks like below

input id="search3OuI30m96E" tabindex="0" class="rz-inputtext" role="textbox" type="text" onclick="Radzen.preventDefaultAndStopPropagation(event)" _bl_485944e5-3b4c-423f-b671-b425877d3149=""

and for the radzendrop down which don't have multiselt=true . looks like below

input id="search3gKRESN-ak" tabindex="0" class="rz-dropdown-filter rz-inputtext " autocomplete="off" type="text" _bl_87cdbc7f-3569-4af7-bf94-5ce681fdbdfd=""

both of them acts like as if it is disabled.

In browser devtools give that input css rule: z-index: 1000 (some number). I wonder if that will "unlock" the writing.

Nope, it didn't i kind of stuck with this problem from last 3 days and i can't understand why

Me neither. Is it the same on different browsers?

yes its same on all the browsers

If you try without that class (looks like a bootstrap thing) ?

Nope didn't it help though.

I found something interesting . I added a new radzen dropdown for the page which is not a modal popup ,it works fine but if i do the same thing in the modal popup page it doesn't work . same exact code.

Alright i fixed it basically i am opening Modal by saying Model.Show for some reason if i use this to open modal , dropdowns search wont work so i used DialogService,OpenModelAsync and now dropdown search works. lol .

This error is caused by Bootstrap implementation.

1 Like

For anyone else, I had the same experience with the dropdown search/filtering not working in Bootstrap modal (Bootstrap v4.4). I ended up just using the multi-select listbox https://blazor.radzen.com/listbox in the Bootstrap modal and that worked. It doesn't give the same dropdown selection experience but I can at least search and select items in a list.

But it sounds like using the Radzen DialogService https://blazor.radzen.com/dialog modal to display the dropdown instead of Bootstraps modal would work as well, just haven't tried that.