Radzen Community Edition

Hello Radzen team, would you have plans to launch a Community Edition?
In early 2018 I tested Radzen, it was a quick test, it lasted only one day, it failed to filter a list of values that contained 30,000 records as it tried to load all at once.

I closed it and unistall, waited for more updates to test it again, today I tried to test and I could not because he tells me that my test time is over, so I can not see if he could replace the lightswitch as a default platform development.

If you had a community edition this could help new users or old ones to test Radzen, with this you would have more feedback for bugs and improvements for Radzen, I remember that the lightswitch community was very united, I even reported several bugs which have been fixed in later updates.

Well, this is just my opinion, I would like to test Radzen more but unfortunately I can not, only if I buy now.

Hi @marden,

You are raising a valid issue though - we have to think of a way to allow multiple evaluations after some period. We will think about possible ways to do that.

Right now you have two options:

1. Get a monthly subscription which you can cancel at any time.
  2. Request a trial extension over email.

About the 30000 records issue. We believe that loading such amount of items is not a good option and in cases like this filtering should be applied server-side. You can use $filter parameter of the method that will call the database/service. You can send us at info@radzen.com more details about your scenario and we gladly help you!

Best Regards,
Vladimir

Hi @enchev

I would like to be able to select the record according to the attached video, in the example I am using the grid but could be using a modalwindow as well

Video: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1kTTP_rDgKe-LtpQqCeJ_O9vV6O5G6TAy

If you can send me a key so I can test again, thank you, if I find problems, I’ll give you a return.

Thank you.

Hi @marden,

I see now what you are looking for. At the moment our looukup editors for Add/Edit pages are simple DropDown components (with optional filter) while you need a DataGrid with paging, filtering, etc. in a popup. We have this already logged and we will do our best to provide it soon and in the meantime you can create very easily something similar by extending current auto-generated Add/Edit pages. For example:

I've removed Order and Product lookup fields from the Form component in Add Order Detail page and I've added two separate DataGrid components with full server-side paging and filtering. You can handle RowSelect event to update the Order Detail object with OrderId and ProductId:

Please send us also an email at info@radzen.com and we will arrange trial extension.

Best Regards,
Vladimir

Hi @enchev

I’ll wait a bit longer to ask for the key, since I also need the forms to have more than one column, because I have complex screens.
I’ll keep track of updates from Radzen
Thank you

1 Like

Hi @marden,

Lookup popup picker will be added in the next release (end of this week or early next week)

Best Regards,
Vladimir

1 Like

Guess what? Radzen Community edition is now a thing!

1 Like

Hi @korchev,

Great news!!! I’ll start testing it today, thank you very much.

Hi, I am trying to evaluate the product. how can i implement a "multi-column lookuppopup" ?

Hi @clone_mond,

Multi-columns are not possible at the moment however we will do our best to provide it soon.

Best Regards,
Vladimir

Thanks @enchev, can't wait to see it working since its in the example pic., Its been 2 days since i evaluated the product, and its looks stunning!

Just released Radzen 2.14.0 with this feature included: