Radzen 3 Timeframe

Hello,
the informations at A new era for Blazor development (radzen.com) got me hooked.

Now I would like to know when the new version will be available - and is there the opportunity to participate in a beta program.

By the way: I was/ I'm more than enthusiastic about the open-source radzen-blazor components. Best move ever.

regards

Hey @fischer,

We don’t have exact release date for our v3 however CTP will be released in a month or two.

1 Like

that looks great so far as i understand !

Will it work in VS 2019 IDE or only in VS Code?
and
will radzen 2 be further improved or must we update to radzen 3?

Regards
Thomas

Radzen 3 does not use VS Code or VS 2019. The video just shows how Radzen 3 reacts on external changes.

We are still not 100% sure at this moment. Ideally we want Radzen 2 users to update to Radzen 3 and we will work in this direction. Our plans may change though.

I would say the CTP requires at least two more months of development time.

@korchev
i'm really looking forward to further developments!
It sounds great and i hope it fits my imaginations.

Thomas

Hi guys,

I'm a little bit late to react to this news. Because I'm not used to reading blog kinds stuff and Radzen was not a part of my life until a couple of weeks.

I have spent much more time with Radzen the last couple of weeks, and I think understood Radzen's philosophy. I'm feeling very comfortable the very first time after MS Lightswitch.

Radzen 3 news made me very excited. Multi-page IDE is awesome. 3 party support incredible. Everything seems wonderful. I have only one question about Radzen 3. Did you plan the debug capabilities in it?

And an additional question : Will we meet with Radzen 3 somewhere in 2021?

If it is even technically possible - yes. Last time I checked Microsoft did not allow its debugger to be used by third parties.

We will release a few versions of Radzen 3 in 2021 for sure. Maybe not a final, official version.

Hello @korchev,
but i understand right that Radzen 3 also will be a Visual Studio Projekt/Solution that can be debugged and maintananced there like in Radzen 2.x?

Regards
Thomas

Radzen 3.0 can work directly with Visual Studio project/solution created from Radzen or Visual Studio.

Hi @korchev,

Will Radzen 2 and Radzen 3 work together simultaneously in the same development environment?

KB

Is there any plan for additional data sources, or implementation of custom ones such as https://supabase.io?

While it uses Postgres, it is an open-source alternative to Firebase, so it has an interfacing API.

1 Like

Are we getting close to a CTP version release?

Nope. We are still far from ready for a CTP release. Maybe we will share our progress in a separate thread.

Will it be possible to "convert" a Radzen 2.x Project to Radzen 3?

Greets
Thomas

Yes, this will be possible. In fact we are testing by opening the .csproj file that is generated with today's Radzen. Some things will be different but a project created with Radzen 2.x now will work without any modifications in Radzen 3.x.

Great! That calms me down a lot :slight_smile:

Thomas

Do you have a release timeframe in mind for RadZen v3? Looking at potentially using it with Oqtane.

Thanks,
Mitch