Problems with DropDown TValue

I'm new to Radzen Blazor so excuse my ignorance. Using 2.62.4.

I have two dropdown components side by side on a page, with the same Data property (a database table read using EF, so ${getMyTableResult}). One has TextProperty set to the primary key column "PKId" (int) and the other to the "Name" text column. The idea is that when you make a selection from either one of the dropdowns, the other should update to show the corresponding value from the same record. I tried to do this using a page property "myTableID". Each dropdown has a Change event which does: "Set myTableID to ${event.PKId}" then "Invoke custom method Reload". But I'm not sure where to go from here.

If I make each dropdown's ValueProperty databound to the myTableID property, the dropdown now shows an error "Argument 1: cannot convert from 'int' to 'string". And anyway, how would the control know this data value maps to the table's primary key?

If I make each dropdown's ValueProperty as PKId, this does not link the component with the page property so there is no coupling.

Also, there are two places where the page property value is set:

• in the Page Load event (set to zero). If I infer the Property type here, it gives "int"
  • in the Dropdown Change event (set to {event}). (By the way I don't understand why this is passed an integer and not the event object - the documentation I read said this should be {event.PKId}). If I infer the Property type here, it gives "dynamic", although it's the same page property being set. Is this because the component has a TValue="dynamic" attribute? Can that be changed in the Radzen IDE?

I would assume the Property type has to be the same in both event handlers?

Anyway, although this int vs dynamic is confusing, it runs, but I'm unable to link the two dropdowns for the reasons mentioned above.

What's the best way to achieve this?