PanelMenuItem expand / collapse

Hi all,

In the PanelMenu component, is there a property that allows only one PanelMenuItem to be expanded at a time?

That is, when a PanelMenuItem expands the rest will contract.

Greetings!

Hi, did you find the solution to your answer? please let me know, I'm intersting.

Regards,

Hello,

No solution so far

Please @korchev :pray: :pray: :pray:

There is no such property at the moment. We don't plan to add this but will accept a pull request which implements it.

panelmenu expanded and selected are both bool, so its just a matter of checking if expanded and selected are both true and then setting expanded on the rest of the panel menu items to false. I just can't see where those bool values are returned. Also it would be on the click event which is for the whole panel menu, so you have to check each panel item every time a click is initiated.

Hi Daveg

Can you mabye show a code exsampel on how to get this to work with
a panelMenu like this:

Thanks in advance :slight_smile:

<RadzenPanelMenu>
            <RadzenPanelMenuItem Text="Home" Path="/" Icon="home"></RadzenPanelMenuItem>

<RadzenPanelMenuItem Text="Production Floor" Icon="donut_large">
                <RadzenPanelMenuItem Text="My Station" Path="mystation"></RadzenPanelMenuItem>
            </RadzenPanelMenuItem>

<RadzenPanelMenuItem Text="Information" Icon="info">
                <RadzenPanelMenuItem Text="All Stations" Path="allstations"></RadzenPanelMenuItem>
                <RadzenPanelMenuItem Text="Floor View" Path="floorview"></RadzenPanelMenuItem>
                <RadzenPanelMenuItem Text="Unit Information" Path="unitinformation"></RadzenPanelMenuItem>
            </RadzenPanelMenuItem>

<RadzenPanelMenuItem Text="Equipment" Icon="construction">
                <RadzenPanelMenuItem Text="RoboCeption" Path="roboception"></RadzenPanelMenuItem>
                <RadzenPanelMenuItem Text="TorqueTool" Path="torquetool"></RadzenPanelMenuItem>
                <RadzenPanelMenuItem Text="Pick2Light" Path="pick2light"></RadzenPanelMenuItem>
                <RadzenPanelMenuItem Text="LabelPrint" Path="labelprint"></RadzenPanelMenuItem>
            </RadzenPanelMenuItem>

<RadzenPanelMenuItem Text="Support" Icon="build">
                <RadzenPanelMenuItem Text="JobQueue" Path="jobqueue"></RadzenPanelMenuItem>
                <RadzenPanelMenuItem Text="Graph Management" Path="graphmanagement"></RadzenPanelMenuItem>
                <RadzenPanelMenuItem Text="Sfc Management" Path="sfcmanagement"></RadzenPanelMenuItem>
            </RadzenPanelMenuItem>

<AuthorizeView Roles="test">
                <RadzenPanelMenuItem Text="Configurations" Icon="tune">
                    <RadzenPanelMenuItem Text="Capability" Path="capability"></RadzenPanelMenuItem>
                </RadzenPanelMenuItem>
            </AuthorizeView>

<RadzenPanelMenuItem Text="Help" Icon="help">
                <RadzenPanelMenuItem Text="Help" Path="help"></RadzenPanelMenuItem>
                <RadzenPanelMenuItem Text="Documentation" Path="documentation"></RadzenPanelMenuItem>
                <RadzenPanelMenuItem Text="User Management" Path="usermanagement"></RadzenPanelMenuItem>
            </RadzenPanelMenuItem>

<RadzenPanelMenuItem Text="3D Demo" Icon="view_in_ar">
                <RadzenPanelMenuItem Text="example 01" Path="example01"></RadzenPanelMenuItem>
                <RadzenPanelMenuItem Text="example 02" Path="example02"></RadzenPanelMenuItem>
                <RadzenPanelMenuItem Text="example 03" Path="example03"></RadzenPanelMenuItem>
            </RadzenPanelMenuItem>
        </RadzenPanelMenu>

I had a hard time setting this up within the radzen application generator so I went the easy route. I removed the panel menu and added an accordion component in its place and it works like a charm. Also the accordion component has way more functionality...ie...adding buttons, images, text and a lot of other ways to make it much more flexible!

1 Like

We've added new property Multiple (true by default) that can be used to control if multiple or single item(s) can be expanded:

It will be available in our next update early next week.

3 Likes

When is the planned date for this update?

The update is already released.

1 Like

Ok, so Multiple is not exposed in Radzen Studio, just programmatically.