Nested columns in data grid with allow grouping in need fix

i have a data grid has nested columns like composite but when i make grouping data grid not being well render see please

see the 1 page how nested columns like years has quarter and also may have month
those are dynamic columns but when i make project type as grouping everything is going bad can you help me please.

the problem its adding column with rz-col-icon before each tr but in our case its nested so just donot put before the nested columns another column with class icon

also colspan for rowgroup must has the columns of all not just the basic columns

Grouping by composite columns is explicitly disabled (i.e. you cannot group by such column using drag & drop) since this feature is not yet implemented. You can group by other columns in a DataGrid with composite columns however:

We are open and accept pull requests!

hello hoping you are doing well, can you please guide me how to do the check out and how my fix that i doing will be at next release.

I already fill form here as in guideline said:allow grouping in DataGrid Composite Columns · Issue #997 · radzenhq/radzen-blazor · GitHub

also i make pull request fix nested columns with grouping in datagrid by myfayyad · Pull Request #998 · radzenhq/radzen-blazor · GitHub

could you please approve.

Thanks for your pull request however I don't think you've covered all cases. You can first enable grouping by such columns:

and you can try grouping by any of the composite columns in our demo:

there is also a problem with getting the right column on drag start and there are several additional scenarios that should be covered: AllowCompositeDataCells, HideGroupedColumn, ShowExpandColumn and Template.

thanks for your response , actually I did not enable grouping by the composite column ,I just fix the layout when we have grouping and grid have nested column, as my example need :grin: look how beautiful now

steps I did:

but let me check again the seniors you provided to me as AllowCompositeDataCells, HideGroupedColumn, ShowExpandColumn and Template.

Not sure what case you've fixed however you can check the screenshot from my previous reply.

thanks, let me working on others seniors you provided then you can decide after.

hi @enchev thanks for your guidance, i take on my consideration what you said , pls test and approve, new modification at same pull request fix nested columns with grouping in datagrid by myfayyad · Pull Request #998 · radzenhq/radzen-blazor · GitHub ,

Attached a video of what i did presenation.zip - Google Drive

thanks in advance

Thanks @mai_siam! I've merged your pull request and the fixes will be part of our next update early next week!

oh, thanks alot , and thanks for your kind guidance :clap: