Missing get Variations of Stored Procedures

I have created a stored procedure in SQL Server that selects data called sp_ActionPlan_StartNewActionPlan. In a previous Radzen Studio iteration the project generated a method called getspActionPlanStartNewActionPlans.

After I made some updates to the project, that method is no longer being generated. I only have access to the spActionPlanStartNewActionPlans

Of course this code fails with the error: error CS1061: 'int' does not contain a definition for 'First' and no accessible extension method 'First' accepting a first argument of type 'int' could be found

Not sure how to get Radzen to generate those get methods again, or why they stopped in the first place. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Bill

Hi @bdiplacido,

To retrieve stored procedures and their parameters we are using sys.dm_exec_describe_first_result_set_for_object. It however does not work for all stored procedures. Did you change the definition of that particular procedure at some point? Maybe this is what changed and Radzen can no longer infer its return type correctly.

Hi @korchev!

Thanks, that helped determined where the issue was. Apparently sys.dm_exec_describe_first_result_set_for_object was unable to retrieve the metadata because I had added a trigger to the underlying table that the stored procedure was referencing. That trigger had a temp table, which ultimately the sys.dm_exec_describe_first_result_set_for_object was not able to handle. So although I didn't change the stored proc directly, the table had undergone some changes.

Thanks again,

Bill