Login, Authenticate and Navigate

Hi

I just passed by RadZen and it caught my attention. It's fascinating.
Now I'm trying to implement a simple workflow to get a look-and-feel of the framework.

I've designed a login page and handled Login event of Login component. I want to do the following in here:

1. Invoke Custom Method passing username and password parameters (I have created a Login method in the ServerMethodsController)
    1.1 Notify the User of successful login if the custom method returns a value
    1.1.1 Store the {result} value to page property SessionID
    1.1.2 Navigate to Main Page passing SessionID to the page
    1.1.3 Query data from database using SessionID and populate result data to the controls
    1.2 Otherwise notify the user of failed login

I have been able to invoke custom method and return the session ID. I can also navigate to the Main Page and populate data to controls without validation.
But I can't figure out how to check if a valid session ID has been returned and then navigate ahead.
Also I failed to apply the session ID from login page as filter to the resultset of data source method on Main Page's load event.

It would be great if you walk through this workflow, or point me to videos/documentation/samples topics related to these tasks.

Hi @t304pk,

We don't have videos or examples that cover your scenario.

But I can't figure out how to check if a valid session ID has been returned and then navigate ahead.

Checking if a valid session ID has been returned depends on your business logic. Other than that you can use the Condition property of the Navigate to page action. e.g. ${result.sessionId == true}

Also I failed to apply the session ID from login page as filter to the resultset of data source method on Main Page's load event.

You should be able to use ${parameters.sessionId} (or whatever you called it) in the filter query builder.

You can attach a few screenshots to show your current configuration of the data source invoke.

Thanks
I'll try to get it working and come back if I need further assistance.