Issue with Oracle connection

Hi All
when i try to connect to my oracle db with Radzen i found the following error:

Ora-12514 TNS:listener does not currently know of service requested in connect descriptor

I do not know how to solve this... when i try to connect with PLSQL DEVELOPER i can do it without any problem.
The only difference could be that PLSQL Developer is 32 bit.... is it the problem? how can i solve it?

Thank you
Best Regards and i wish you an amazing 2020!!

Bye
Riccardo

What you’ve specified in the Radzen data source server field? Are using the same user/pwd in Radzen as in PLSQL DEVELOPER?

Hi! thanks for quick reply! i've used the same password... i'm worried the problem could be in the environment variable or in some register.... i do not know----

I searched online for this error and found this page which has a lot of troubleshooting instructions. Check it out to find the cause of the problem.

Hi Korchev.
the point is that everything is working fine with PLSQL developer but i'm not able to use radzen...
the only difference i can see (maybe) is that plsql is 32 bit.....

please let me know

thank you
Best Regards and enjoy 2020!
Riccardo

Radzen uses .net core to connect to Oracle. And the driver fails to connect to your server. Since we don’t know why we recommended trying the instructions from the linked blog post. By the way the dotnet core driver requires oracle 11.2 (not sure id this is related to the error).

Hi, now the error is
Error: Value cannot be null. Parameter name: key

What do i have to do?

Hi @riccardo,

Can you post a screenshot from data source screen with server, instance name, etc.? Please check also the log file to see if there are more details for this error:
https://www.radzen.com/documentation/troubleshooting/#design-time

Hi Korchev
Please find attached the log:

[2020-01-03 15:07:03.865] [info] Checking for update
[2020-01-03 15:07:05.099] [info] Update for version 2.40.6 is not available (latest version: 2.40.6, downgrade is disallowed.
[2020-01-03 15:10:05.704] [error] Error: Value cannot be null.
Parameter name: key
at ChildProcess.u.on.t (C:\Program Files\Radzen\resources\app.asar\static\webpack:\node_modules\uri-js\dist\es5\uri.all.js:6:1)
at ChildProcess.emit (events.js:182:13)
at Process.ChildProcess._handle.onexit (internal/child_process.js:237:12)

thank you
best regards
Riccardo

Will you post a screenshot with the data source settings? This is the third time I’m asking more info about your connection.

yes sorry

please find below also the tnsname.ora

Can you execute the following SQL to check if the service is valid:

select value from v$parameter where name='service_names'

More info here:

I have to ask to my DBA, i have no permission :frowning:

i will send you an update on monday
thank you

Hi find below the screenshot

please let me know
thank you
Best Regards

It looks correct - honestly I don't have any other ideas. I can access my local Oracle instance without any problems both using Oracle SQL Developer and latest Radzen:

Maybe the default port (1521) is not open however I'm not sure.

Make sure also if the listener service is running:

Hi
i've cheked your notes with our DBA and everything is working fine.
Actually i'm not able to understand the error code that i saw in radzen..

[2020-01-09 12:20:43.514] [error] Error: Value cannot be null.

at ChildProcess.u.on.t (C:\Program Files\Radzen\resources\app.asar\static\webpack:\node_modules\uri-js\dist\es5\uri.all.js:6:1)

[2020-01-09 12:20:43.527] [error] Error: Value cannot be null.

Hi @riccardo,

I don't understand this error as well and I cannot reproduce it. I've even changed my host file to forward your server name to my localhost:

and again both SQL Deverloper and Radzen connected normally: