HtmlEditor Paste Text

I noticed the editor seems to only work when pasting in HTML text. Is this something that you are going to fix or a feature?

I noticed that when right-clicking and pasting as plain text it also does not work. This is a deal breaker for me. I am using it in a ticketing system and need to be able to paste in chunks of text from plain text emails. However, we still need to format them after the fact as HTML. I think in this case, all you would need to do is wrap the text in a div, for example.

That's a good catch! We will address this problem with the next Radzen.Blazor release and you will be able to paste plain text as well as html.

Most Html editors that I have seen have a tab to switch between the rendered view and the html code. I think that will be very useful

1 Like

@korchev When can we expect to have the ability to view the raw text in the HtmlEditor.

I have run into a number of scenarios where the HTML in the HtmlEditor is not well-formed. Having the ability to view (and update) the raw text would be huge win.

Hi @sromankiw

Viewing/modifying the source is now a function of the HtmlEditor in the latest release.

2 Likes

@Paul_Ruston I got the latest (4.7.7) and it worked great. Thanks.

I am trying to copy and paste emails into the html editor and when i paste the email body nothing appears. If i ctrl v into notepad++ the body appears so i know its copied, it just won't paste and everytime i do ctrl v the browser says 'reconnecting'. I've checked and the email is composed in HTML (outlook win 11).

Has anyone any ideas? Ideally i really wantt o be able to drag an drop emails onto a form and save them to the db but i can't find a way to do that so i thought copying the guts was the next best solution.

Thanks

John

UPDATE
I can drag and drop the text from the email but i can't use ctrl V, very confusing

Hi johnmu

I've just tried this in both rendered and source view '<>' and it works fine. A quick google suggests that Ctrl-C and Ctrl-V may not be working in the browser. Can you try running your app in a different browser and see if that changes anything?

Paul