Grouping Grid wont group unless clicked

See radzen demo: DataGrid grouping API:

Blazor DataGrid grouping API (radzen.com)

1. I dragged a column to the grouping area where it says: Drag a column header here and drop it to group by that column
  2. Nothing happens
  3. I clicked on this area and I see the grouping appear

This is happening in my code as well as the DataGrid Grouping Demo.
Is this expected behaviour or a bug?

How can I get it so it automatically groups when you drop a column in the grouping area without having to click?

Here is what I see:
group-datagrid

Figured out. I think its a small bug but correct me if I am wrong.
If you drag the column to the header and drop it in the header box itself without it touching the lines - this is where the issue happens.

However as per your video, if you drop the column header on top of the grid line then it works fine.

Is this something that can be looked at? The drag and drop functionality isint at easy to use. You can even drag the column completely outside of the area. When you click the groupable header that column appears.

Grouping seems to work according to our design. One can group by dragging the three dot icon (drag handle) and dropping over the group header (the area which contains the grouping text).

However, if you drag the column and drop it over the group header (the area which contains the grouping text) and dont touch the border it does not work. It only works if you drop the column over the bottom border of the group header. I have been able to replicate it on multiple PCs so it looks like a component issue.

In the above video example posted on this forum by your colleague, the column has been dropped over the border so it works, but if you try again and drop it inside the box not touching the borders - it doesnt actually work unless I click afterwards on the group header.

Is this expected behaviour?

I can't reproduce such a problem. Also tested on multiple machines.
grouping

Feel free to submit a pull request if you feel there is an issue that we are somehow missing.

In the above, you are still dragging the column (box) over the border, please drag the column (the white box) completely into the group header and not touching any borders, not just the mouse. Does the issue occur now?

See below image, position the white box (column) as per below and you should see the issue

The group header is only this area:

It is the only thing you can drop groups to.
grouping

Okay, if this is expected behavior that's fine, just caused some confusion when using it as you would think the column box should be possible to drop in the column header as well and it should work rather than just the 3 dots. Thanks!