Format a property for charts

I have some calculated values stored in properties that I want to use for chart values, but I can seem to get charts to use anything but database column values. Is there a specific way to format the property in the chart to make it work? I am looking at int and decimal values only.

Thanks for any help!

Can you provide more details? Why can't you use those properties in the chart series?

For example, I have two properties...TotalNew (decimal) and Total Used (decimal). I selected the chart component and added 2 Columns. I selected each of the two properties from the drop down.

The chart displays the following message
'TotalNew' is not a member of type 'System.Object'(Parameter'propertyOrFieldName')

Then if I try to run it, I get.....

error RZ10001: The type of component 'RadzenColumnSeries' cannot be inferred based on the values provided. Consider specifying the type arguments directly using the following attributes: 'TItem'.

Here is the chart column setup

Just not sure if there is a specific way I am supposed to format the property here.
Also if I try to databind the property I get the following error...
Argument 1:cannot convert from 'decimal' to 'string'

Then if I add ToString to the bind, it says valueproperty shoudl not be empty.

Thanks for your help!

How are those properties defined?

They are set in the load event, I started with an invoke data source, then I used the following code to sum the value of SaleTp (New or Used) to the property

${result.Where(o=> o.DealSaleTp=="Used").Sum(o=> o.Count)}
${result.Where(o=> o.DealSaleTp=="New").Sum(o=> o.Count)}

so they are individual values, not part of a dataset.
not sure if it's even possible to use the chart that way, that's why I am asking...

No, it isn't possible to use the chart in that way. The property set via ValueProperty and CategoryProperty must exist on the series data item itself.

Ok I thought as much.

I am trying to chart the values of New and Used in a Table I call Deals against New and Used Goal Values in a separate table called Goals...Only way I was able to do it was open the deals table and count the new and used deals and then open the goals table and store those values in columns in that table...that allowed me to chart the individual columns. A lot of extra computations that I was trying to eliminate.

Any suggestions on how to com the data from two different tables for charting purposes?

What does "com" mean?

sorry combine...sometimes I type to fast for my computer

You can probably use a SQL view or stored procedure to combine two tables.

Yes! Thank you...I am using views for a few column charts now and just have to master combining tables in a view...Thanks for the help!