Explicitly Specify SQL Server Column Type

After adding columns to my Angular project I am receiving the following error message when trying to save data to the database for an Edit page:

No type was specified for the decimal column 'Efficiency' on entity type 'TblLincDatum'. This will cause values to be silently truncated if they do not fit in the default precision and scale. Explicitly specify the SQL server column type that can accommodate all the values using 'HasColumnType()'.

Note: I manually added numeric input boxes bound to the column above.

It’s actually warning, not error and your application will not stop to work. Check this blog post for more info:

Thanks Enchev,

I am having some trouble saving to the database, and thought it may be related. I took a look at Chrome's debugging screen and see:

Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 400 (Bad Request)

and see the Efficiency field has:

"Efficiency":0.0000,"

In the database it is of data format decimal(18,4)

It appears that it is not isolated to just decimal fields, but rather any new field that I add to the page (tried an INT column). Although the data displays OK, I cannot save data back to the database. Typically I use Blazor, so I'm not sure if there was something I'm missing on the Angular side. I rebuilt the page using the wizard and that seems to have the proper wiring for the new fields - not ideal, but luckily I didn't have much customization on that page.