Error after update (with no code change)

Hi, i updated the .Net Framework from 7.0.16 to 7.0.17 and also all components from Microsoft in my project to 7.0.17. I also update Radzen to 4.28.0. Now i get an error on one page that had no changes and was always running perfect.

Microsoft.AspNetCore.Components.WebAssembly.Rendering.WebAssemblyRenderer[100]
Unhandled exception rendering component: Could not find 'Radzen.createDatePicker' ('createDatePicker' was undefined).
Error: Could not find 'Radzen.createDatePicker' ('createDatePicker' was undefined).

The page is a Datagrid and the data is loaded and displayed, The only 'DatePicker' is on the Filter of some 'Date Columns' and it is not working as in the version before the update.

I also had strange effects with simple DropDown. They open and i can select a value, but they never close, so the selected value is not set!

Any idea what went wrong?

Should i go back to the 'older' version of .Net (but 7.0.17 was part of a security patch)? Any workaround or Patch?

Thanks for help

Patric

Looks like Radzen.Blazor.js is not the latest in your case - try to clear your browser cache and make sure that it is registered as per our Getting started:

<script src="_content/Radzen.Blazor/Radzen.Blazor.js"></script>

Hi enchev,

thanks for your super fast reply and sorry for my stupid problem.

Now all is running as before!

I thought that this wasn't necessary because I had configured IIS to always send everything new to the client (worked on webforms). But this doesn't seem to be the case with a Blazor Wasm.

Do you know functions so the application can clear its cache and reload its components new (My App is no PWA)?

Again thanks for your quick help,

Patric

Possible approach will be to add Radzen.Blazor.js reference like this:

<script src="_content/Radzen.Blazor/Radzen.Blazor.js?v=@(typeof(Radzen.Colors).Assembly.GetName().Version)"></script>

Hi enchev,

i try your tip but unfortunately the problem with the DropDown exist further.

The DropDown is part of a

<RadzenDropDown id="DD_Personennr" style="display: block; width: 100%" TValue="string"
@bind-Value="@sP_Nummer" Data="@LookupService.dP_Nummer"
TextProperty="Value" ValueProperty="Key" />

The Data="@LookupService.dP_Nummer" here is from a dictonary

public Dictionary<string, string> dP_Nummer = new Dictionary<string, string>
    {
        {"Vermittler", "Vermittler"},

{"Brandschutz", "Brandschutzingenieur"},
{"Marktleiter", "Marktleiter"},
{"Abteilungsleiter", "Leiter einer Abteilung"},
{"fehlender Eintrag","fehlender Eintrag" }
};

The code is:

public string sP_Nummer;

protected override async Task OnInitializedAsync()
{
tPersonenliste = await MyAdminoDBService.GetTPersonenlisteByPersRefnr(persRefnr:PersRefnr);
sP_Nummer = tPersonenliste.Personennr;
}

The problem:
The page load the data, all fields are correct and the DropDown show the right string from the dictonary; but if i try to open the DropDown with a mouse click and select an entry with a mouse click or double click, the new entry is selected in the DropDown but not changed in the 'MainField' and the pop up is not closed!

If i click in the field and use the 'DownArrow' the value in the 'MainField' change without open the pop up.

Any idea what i do wrong?

Thanks

Patric

Please post runnable code and use code blocks - one can hardly read at moment this. You can use our demos for reference, they are editable.

Hallo enchev,

sorry for my bad formated example and thank you for your self-help tip! I paste my dictonary in your drop down example, chaged the data entries and all worked correct!! So there is something wrong with my 'Lookup-Service'; sorry to waste your time!

Again thanks for your help.

Patric