Email smtp on server gives a error

My SMTP config works fine in development but when deployed in iis it gives a error :

The RadZen Log is " System.Net.Mail.SmtpException: Failure sending mail. ---> System.Net.Internals.SocketExceptionFactory+ExtendedSocketException: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond 74.125.140.109:25 ."

Where is the file on the server to check the configuration os smtp?

Can you check if this address accessible from the deployed app?

Ok I was on the server and is goes directly to google, makes sense because i'm using google smtp. In the gmail account management there are no errors, and it did work on my local computer under development, I already had configured my account to allow sending emails from smtp. I'm going to try another smtp provider to see if it gives the same error.

Turn out that google vm blocks sending emails fom smtp through port 21, you have to have a G suite account and use port 587 or 465. This means that in "SMTP Sever (radzen config)" you have to do smtp.gmail.com:587 in our case and SSL enable, also you have to open this ports on the firewall of google.

1 Like

Hi @Cybermap,

Thanks for sharing!

Best Regards,
Vladimir