DropDownDataGrid with multiple columns

The new DropDownDataGrid with multiple columns is great :smiley:
I have one problem, and one suggestion :wink:

If the TextProperty is of type int, filtering fails with an exception, since int does not contain the method ToLower() ( i am using CaseInsensitive). You should probably check the type and do a ToString() if it is anything else than string.

I changed my viewmodel so that the property is of type string and filtering works, but only on the column specified as TextProperty. Is it possible to make the filter work on all columns, like the DataGrid component?

If the TextProperty is of type int, filtering fails with an exception, since int does not contain the method ToLower() ( i am using CaseInsensitive).

Indeed filtering expects a string property - hence case sensitivity. Filtering a number by typing would a bit strange wouldn't it?

Is it possible to make the filter work on all columns, like the DataGrid component?

Not at the moment.

This would be great. There are multiple columns and users may find the desired data by searching in multiple columns. (For e.x.: Looking for a company which is located in London and Company name starts with Shelby. If user types "shelby lond", search results are empty.)

I found useful sample from different vendor product. Is it possible to implement this functionality to Radzen DropdownDataGrid?

Hey @Developer,

Filtering by all columns is already supported:
https://blazor.radzen.com/dropdown-datagrid

Hi @enchev,

In this sample, we are searching only with "fa" by all string columns.

What if I type "fa madri" to find:
Company: FISSA Fabrica Inter. Salchichas S.A.
City: Madrid

• Company Name starts with fa ("FISSA Fabrica")
  • City starts with madri ("Madrid")

But it should be returned some result like this: (But the search filter should be "fa madri" not "fab")

Such feature is not planned however we accept pull requests.

Thanks for responding.

Hi @Developer, @enchev
I have just implemented this feature on a local Radzen.Blazor project.
I will try to "git" it tomorrow, but don't hold your breath. I'm very green to the old pulling and pushing and requesting and everything git as my first and also last update to the project revealed.

EDIT: This is now done and merged into master.