DropDownDataGrid filter

Hi,

On the DropDownDataGrid, is there any way to programmatically clear the search filter applied in the field highlighted in yellow in the screenshot:

If we use the control, filter the data and make a selection and then go back into the DropDownDataGrid, the previously entered search string is persisted. I've tried writing a zero length string to the searchValue property, but that doesn't seem to work..

Thanks!

We will provide some way to clear that in our next update this week.

1 Like

That would be brilliant! Many thanks :smiley:

Morning,

Just been trying the new resetFilterOnHide property in v2.50.0 and I'm not quite sure if it is working as expected. Setting the property causes any search text to be cleared when the drop down hides but, the behaviour a user sees is somewhat inconsistent now:

1. User opens a DropDownDataGrid, enters a filter string of "Test" and hits the search button;
  2. The DropDownDataGrid filters the displayed records to just those containing "Test";
  3. User makes a selection which hides the DropDownDataGrid (and now clears the "Test" text);
  4. User re-opens the DropDownDataGrid and now is presented with a component showing no filter string (as you would expect) but, it still displaying just the records containing "Test" and not all records.

If the user hits the search button again at step 4 above then you get the full list of unfiltered records which is what I was hoping would happen automatically when the filter text is cleared?

Hi @markb,

If we reset the grid records the user loose the selected value since it will be no longer present in the grid data. The filtering is server-side and on initial load only the first page data will be loaded - not guaranteed if the selected record is on that page. We will do our best to find a way to handle that in our next release.

Hi @markb,

I think I've managed to add support for requested behavior - it will be published with our next update. The search value and the grid will reset while the selected value will be kept.

Hi Vladimir,

I've tried the tweak made in v2.50.1 and it looks good but, I have noticed that there seems to be an issue with the component now. If I open the a dialog, display the DropDownDataGrid and click on a record without filtering, the DropDownDataGrid hides but, the selected item's text doesn't update - it still shows the placeholder. If you re-display the DropDownDataGrid, the correct item is highlighted though. Once you've used the filter button at least once on the component it seems to behave and the selected item's text updates as expected.

This seems to happen now regardless of whether you have the new "ResetFilterOnHide" selected or not.

Hi @markb,

I'm unable to reproduce such behavior. Here is with default settings (ResetFilterOnHide=false):

and here is with ResetFilterOnHide=true:

I've not touched filtering - just open and row selection.

Hi,

I've just upgraded in place from 2.50.0 to 2.50.1 and ran the application - I'm not sure if any other steps are needed? When I open the dialog in Chrome, it initially displays it's placeholder:

I open the DropDownDataGrid and make a selection without entering a filter string or clicking on the filter button. The selection flashes up with the row hightlight and the DropDownDataGrid hides and the page property which the Value is bound to changes (I can see this in Chome dev tools) but, the text shown on the component remains displaying the PlaceHolder text.

The published version of the same app (published in v2.50.0) works as expected replacing the placeholder text with the text from the selected item

Thanks! I was able to reproduce it! I'll post more info when the fix is ready.

1 Like

You can get the latest unofficial build for Windows from here:

Hi Vladimir,

Sorry for the delay in coming back to you. All looks good now having tested in 2.50.3. Could I also make a suggestion for the DropDown component that either a similar ResetFilterOnHide option be added or that the filter be cleared when the 'x' clear button is pressed (the 'x' clear button being the one which is shown when you set the "AllowClear" to true).

Many thanks!