Dropdown Text and Value property case sensitive

Hi ,
I have a custom model class to be used with dropdown component like this.

public partial class ddModel
    {

public int Id { get; set; }
        public string Name { get; set; }
    }

The Radzen IDE had no problems before when I used lower-case for text and value properties , now I had to change it to exact casing of the model like this to get it to work.

Was this something in Radzen IDE / component ? testing the application would be easier when we know where the chage originated. There were no database changes, framework on both dotnetcore 5 and 6 same issue.

Accessing properties by name has been always case sensitive since this is how JavaScript works.

I really had to change this for many screens for an working application, had to implement an change and this happend after deploying new functionallity .
The screens affected by this where not part of my change and therefore it was discoverd and reported by the users that these screens do not work anymore after the update .

Last deployment was nearly six-month ago, hard to explain but thanx anyway.

I have fixed all the screens that were reported, so no issue here, only wanted to report this .

Most probably the service bound to these screens is returning the data in new way (new casing). We've not changed anything in the Angular DropDown component from years.

1 Like