Dropdown Blank when TextProperty uses Second Level Property

Hello, Radzen newbie here,

I'm trying to get a dropdown to show a second level TextProperty (Software.DisplayName), but when I run the application and go to open the dropdown, the entry is blank. If I switch the TextProperty to License Id (the first level item), it correctly shows as '1'. I know there's something I'm not loading to get the information, but I can't figure out what it is.

Basic Structure:
License contains a foreign key to Software which is a 1 to 1 relationship. I'm trying to get the dropdown to show the DisplayName for the Software, but it doesn't seem to want to cross that gap with the current schema. Radzen knows the connection is there, as the Software.DisplayName option is available in the TextProperty dropdown (as are all of the Software columns).

Appreciate anyone who can point me in the right direction, thanks.

For those looking in the future, the $expand parameter for the data in the page Load event was not populated with Software, so it didn't have access to the second level information. I knew it was something simple like that, took some tinkering in other areas for me to realize the issue here. Thanks to those who took the time to read my initial query.