DialogCardPage Namespace

While using Dialog, the code snippets from Dialog component (radzen.com) I get a build error saying -"The type or namespace name 'DialogCardPage' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?) [BlazorDemo]" Since there is no mention about which namespace to be added etc. I am clueless. Any help here is appreciated. Thanks.

Maybe the entire source code will help you:

I am encountering the same issue with the DialogCardService namespace. Please, do you have any more detail about using the dialog service? I can succesfully open the simple dialog window. But this demo does not work for me because of the missing namespace:

await DialogService.OpenAsync<DialogCardPage>($"Order {orderID}",
new Dictionary<string, object>() { { "OrderID", orderID } },
new DialogOptions() { Width = "700px", Height = "512px", Resizable = true, Draggable = true });

Not sure what is DialogCardService. We have DialogCardPage in our demos, check the project for reference from my previous post.

Hi @ZdenekNovotny

The DialogCardPage is just another component (not present in the example).

Try this. It should give you an idea of how it all hangs together.

Create a new class file and paste in the following -

public class Album
    {
        public string Artist { get; set; }
        public string Title { get; set; }
    }

Now create the Razor Component that will be used as the content for the dialog. Save it as 'HelloWorldDialog.razor' -

<RadzenText TextStyle="TextStyle.Caption" Text="This is a sample component dialog. The text below was passed as a parameter to the dialog via Dictionary<string, object>" />
<RadzenText TextStyle="TextStyle.Subtitle2" Text="@($"Artist - {Album.Artist}")" />
<RadzenText TextStyle="TextStyle.Subtitle2" Text="@($"Title - {Album.Title}")" />

@code {
    [Parameter] public Album Album { get; set; }
}

Then, create a page to open the dialog -

<RadzenButton Text="Open dialog" Click="@OpenMyTestDialog" />

@code {
    Album album = new Album() { Artist = "Roy Harper", Title = "Stormcock" };

async Task OpenMyTestDialog()
    {
        var dialogResult = await DialogService.OpenSideAsync<HelloWorldDialog>("Dialog Title blah blah", new Dictionary<string, object>() { { "Album", album } }, options: new SideDialogOptions { Width = "600px", CloseDialogOnOverlayClick = true, Position = DialogPosition.Right, ShowMask = true });
    }
}

Notice the call - DialogService.OpenSideAsync<HelloWorldDialog> The angled brackets contain the name of the component we are rendering in the dialog.

Stay well

Paul

Hello @Paul_Ruston .

Thank you very much for your answer.

So if I understood that correctly, the "namespace" is another page(component), which you display as the content of the dialog window. I though I just forgot to add some standardized component. Now I got it.

1 Like