Debugger Not Stopping on breakpoints on Client App

Up front, my apologies in that this question probably doesn't belong here. I've lost a lot of days on this and am hoping for some direction even if it is a different site to post on (tried stack overflow and received no responses)

About a week ago my debugger began no longer stopping on breakpoints in the client application. It does stop on the server app.

At the same time this problem started, I noticed that when I started a debug session it started opening a new tab rather than a new window in Edge.

A few points:

• The behavior seems consistent between MS Edge and Chrome.
  • If I create a new app, the new app appears to stop on breakpoints.
  • List item

I am on VS 2022. Tried it on VS2019 on the same laptop with the same results.

List item

Been searching and finding little things to try here and there, but nothing has made a difference.

I can't think of any changes I have made to the environment, etc.

Sorry if off topic, hoping for some kind of guidance.

Verify your launch settings. Here are my settings:

I'm starting usually the application using server project instead IIS Express and I can normally debug with Chrome:

Enchev,

Thank you for the answer and in particular the effort you put into screen shots.

It was a problem with the Launch Settings in the Server app.

In particular the line:
"inspectUri": "{wsProtocol}://{url.hostname}:{url.port}/_framework/debug/ws-proxy?browser={browserInspectUri}",

was missing. I have never updated this and do not know how it changed, but this seems to have fixed it.

Thanks again!