DataGrid - Ways to show hidden text in columns

Hello Team!

When a grid is not resizable and a column is too narrow to show all the text in a cell, it would be nice to find a way to show it by passing over the cell with the mouse.
For example, in the demo there is no way to know the remaining text for Steven Bucha or Margaret Peac:

Do you have any suggestion on how to do it? Or could be this an additional improvement for the standard DataGrid?

The text is displayed when you hover it with the mouse. Otherwise you can set the Width of the column.

Hi @korchev,

this is strange... I am using Edge, Version 90.0.818.46 and Chrome Version 90.0.4430.93 and I am not able to see the tool tip in the demo.

I try and retry with mouse hover, but nothing appears.

Hm. That's behavior seems to be Browser specific then. You can then use the Template of the column or the CellRender event to set the title attribute. Here is an example with the Template:

<RadzenDataGridColumn TItem="Customer" Property="Name">
      <Template Context="customer">
           <span title=@customer.Name>
              @customer.Name
           </span>
      </Template>
</RadzenDataGridColumn>

Hello @korchev,

Actually, in the demo, the span's title attribute seems missing in my case. Maybe this is the reason of my strange behavior:

But I can confirm that using the Template it works very well. Thank you.

@korchev For me, this does not seem to work (without having to set the tittle attribute) with Chromium based browsers on Windows 10, regardless of the resizable setting.

I would very much like for this to work. Would you consider adding this to the feature request / bug list please?

Thank you,
SloSuenos

We will set the title attribute for the span for columns without template.

1 Like