DataGrid - Grouping Problem

Dear Radzen,

The new feature is incredible. Thank you so much for your efforts.

Unfortunately, there is a small problem in the work:

Group

Thanks for the report @Agefer! It will be fixed in the next update early next week!

1 Like

How do you set grouping up Ive been trying to figure this out for over 4 hrs!!!!!

Hey @Ideplo,

I’ve replied to your other thread. The first grouping example title starts with: Set AllowGrouping="true" to enable group by column.

I would like to kindly ask you to not open/post on multiple threads with the same questions. Check our forum FAQ for more info.

1 Like

Understood! Can you tell me how to get the data to group the whole dataset? Currently the grouping takes place per page. For instance, if I have 100 records and I'm showing 20 per page. The grouping will group all the "A" items on page 1 and group all the "A" items on page 2... I would think it would group all "A"s in the entire dataset and present them on page one.

Thanks

You can turn off paging if you want to group all data.

If I have a larger dataset thats not feasible so I have a problem.

Can you point me to an example on how to bind the Datagrid in code? When I try "refDataGrid.Data =" I get the message "DataGrid should not be set outside of its component"

To solve my problem above I want to try to unbind the DataGrid, do a OrderBy on the dataset so that I can get a particular field items together. Then rebind the grid and then I'll use the GroupDescriptor via code to visually group the grid.

Thanks

hi Enchev,
I am trying to use this grouping feature on Blazor Server application with nuget version 3.11.9, but I am not able to find AllowGrouping property in the dll, i get the rest like AllowPaging etc.
Please could you suggest if I am missing something.
Thanks in Advance.
Neeraj.

It is available only for RadzenDataGrid, not for the legacy RadzenGrid.

Thanks so much for a quick reply. Indeed that is where i was incorrect.
Cheers!