Code no longer works after last update

After I updated with the latest update, certain code stopped working. I then reverted back to the last version in which the code worked and it still does not work.

if (${deal.DealSaleTp.StartsWith("New")})
${deal.DealFit1New}=.5m;
${deal.DealFit2New}=.5m;
${deal.DealFit1Used}=0;
${deal.DealFit2Used}=0;

This is in an execute handler. The field DealSaleTp is an nvarchar field with a length of 20 and then entries can be different lengths within the field.

I have attempted to do this using the execute condition

${deal.DealFit1New}=.5m;
${deal.DealFit2New}=.5m;
${deal.DealFit1Used}=0;
${deal.DealFit2Used}=0;

with the condition
${deal.DealSaleTp}=="New"

or condition

${deal.DealSaleTp.Trim()}=="New"

or both with = instead of ==

nothing works...

please help with some guidance here. Thank You.

Not sure in this case why you blame the update? Can you clarify what exactly is not working?

Just an observation, before the update the code worked...after the update it did not. Reverted to older version and it still isn't working

This code is imbedded in a submit button on a page. It is simply designed to place a value in a field if the value of another field equals a certain value. i.e. if DealSaleTp equals new, place .5 as a decimal in DealFit1New and place .5 as a decimal in DealFit2New and place a 0 in DealFit1Used and place 0 in DealFit2Used

I executed the ${deal.DealFit1New}=.5m; etc without the if statement and it goes in. So I am assuming I have don't have the if statement correct (even though this same statement had been working fine before)

I reverted to an older update because of the dropdown issue.

I suggest you to run the application with Visual Studio to debug your code why it’s not executed.

I did that and the program debugs and runs and then freezes when I try to use the submit button

Check your browser console for exceptions. If you cannot determine what’s going on you can send us your application at info@radzen.com along with a copy of your database in order to debug it for you.