Blazor Serverside Chart Tooltips Resource Usage

When using tooltips on a chart, resources (memory) is retained at an alarming rate. This problem is even visible in the chart demos. Moving the mouse to produce tooltips continues to use more memory. A chart with a few hundred data points will use many hundreds of megabytes (eventually). Any Ideas?

We would need more details about this. Please elaborate.

Download your source from GitHub, run the demo project, select AreaChart from the Charts tab. View memory usage in Visual Studio, move the mouse around the chart to produce tooltips, wait, and repeat. memory usage is increased and never released. Charts with more data points amplify this.

The tooltip rendering code is here and frankly I don't see anything that could retain memory in it. Feel free to explore the source code and let us know if you find anything suspicious.

Can't say why this is happening, but can confirm the effect from @JohnMac, although in my case it didn't have anything to do with the chart.

Just having 10 tooltip enabled buttons, will consistently pull more and more memory into the VS Memory measurement tool.

I'm using a minimum implementation, here the buttons is generated in some table.

<RadzenDataGridColumn TItem="Trap" Property="Battery" Title="Batteri" Width="110">
        <Template Context="data">
            @if (data.Battery <= 30)
            {
                    <RadzenButton ButtonStyle="@ButtonStyle.Danger" Icon="battery" MouseEnter="@(args => showBattery(args, data.IMEI) )">@data.Battery %</RadzenButton>
            }
            else
            {
                    <RadzenButton Style="@("width: " + (20 + data.Battery) + "px")" MouseEnter="@(args => showBattery(args, data.IMEI) )">@data.Battery %</RadzenButton>
            }
        </Template>
        </RadzenDataGridColumn>

And of cause the code.

private void showBattery(ElementReference args, string imei)
    {
        tooltip.Open(args, imei);
    }