Blazor customisation/customization

Hi folks

In the documentation page explaining customisation...

It states the following:

"If you want to tweak the code you can do so in one of two ways:
By following the Radzen extensibility rules and writing your custom code in the provided extensibility hooks listed later in this article."

I can't find any such rules or hooks, can you hook me up to the current rule book documentation please. :slight_smile:

Many thanks

Mark.

Hi Mark,

All pages, shared layout, services, etc are partial classes and you can extend them.

Best Regards,
Vladimir

I figured that was the case but the documentation teased that there was something else to follow.

I guess I am missing something. What am I doing wrong here.

I create a new application, then a single blank page, add a button, then right click and open the .cs in VS Code. I extend the partial class by adding a namespace and my code. I allow Radzen to spot the changes and restart/build etc.

Why doesn't it appear as an 'Invoke method' in dropdown for the 'onclick' event of a button on the same page?

What are the 'rules' to apply to this kind of hooking in or am I getting the wrong end of the stick here?

The code below is just an example, I know I can use the notification dropdown, that is not my point. I want to know how to fire off some async code from a button using the invoke dropdown in a way that my code doesn't get overwritten.

I asked a similar question here: Invoke custom methods

Cheers

Mark.

using System;
using System.Linq;
using System.Collections.Generic;
using System.Threading.Tasks;
using Radzen;
using Radzen.Blazor;
using Microsoft.AspNetCore.Components.Web;

namespace Radzen3.Pages
{
    public partial class HomeComponent
    {
	public async void Button0ClickV2(MouseEventArgs args)
        {
            NotificationService.Notify(NotificationSeverity.Error, $"Button clicked", $"This was from Button0ClickV2", 1500);
        }
    }
}

Your code looks fine and the exact same method was displayed successfully when I tested it:

If the problem persists you can zip your app and send it to info@radzen.com. Just make sure to delete the server\bin and server\obj directories to keep the zip size small.

I gave up but revisited after the weekend and it worked without making any changes to the project or code.

Only thing that I can think happened was that Radzen was restarted and maybe the code was regenerated.

Time to start re-evaluating again, thanks for your help!

Mark.