Binding property to event and displaying is not working anymore

Hi,

I tried to make a simple master detail page as in video. However when the page is clicked in navi bar, the server collapses. When debugging, server complains that "Object reference not set to an instance of an object". So whenever a bind is made to the event property, crashes. Is this kind of binding done differently now or is this an error?

kind regards, martin

Check what’s null. There are no differences on how the binding is done in the video and now.

This issue is driving me nuts as it seems that there is some really stupid issue. The crash happens even before the event is initiated (rowselected) as soon as the page is selected. This happens allways when property is bound to events attribute (like id or name). At this point the event is null, but so is in the video case.
Since I replicated the exact procedure I'm out of ideas.

dotnet: warn: Microsoft.AspNetCore.Components.Server.Circuits.RemoteRenderer[100]
Unhandled exception rendering component: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at Logman.Pages.Dashboard.b__0_3(RenderTreeBuilder __builder3)
at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Components.Rendering.RenderTreeBuilder.AddContent(Int32 sequence, RenderFragment fragment)
at Radzen.Blazor.RadzenCard.BuildRenderTree(RenderTreeBuilder __builder)
at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Components.ComponentBase.<.ctor>b__6_0(RenderTreeBuilder builder)
at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Components.Rendering.ComponentState.RenderIntoBatch(RenderBatchBuilder batchBuilder, RenderFragment renderFragment, Exception& renderFragmentException)

dotnet: fail: Microsoft.AspNetCore.Components.Server.Circuits.CircuitHost[111]
Unhandled exception in circuit '5MX-OSGaL5-lnCXua2gKvqudmubFmT131cmfvJ4eP0A'.
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at Logman.Pages.Dashboard.b__0_3(RenderTreeBuilder __builder3)
at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Components.Rendering.RenderTreeBuilder.AddContent(Int32 sequence, RenderFragment fragment)
at Radzen.Blazor.RadzenCard.BuildRenderTree(RenderTreeBuilder __builder)
at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Components.ComponentBase.<.ctor>b__6_0(RenderTreeBuilder builder)
at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Components.Rendering.ComponentState.RenderIntoBatch(RenderBatchBuilder batchBuilder, RenderFragment renderFragment, Exception& renderFragmentException)

What is the generated razor code? You might need to use Null Conditional Operator. For example:
someObject?.someProperty

Yes! That was it. Thanx for such a quick response.