Basics - Manual Blazor Components

I'm new to Radzen & Blazor. I've created a small test application in Visual Studio and have started to swap out standard controls for Radzen ones. I'm doing everything by hand in VS, I'm not using the Radzen tool. All the docs seem to be for the tool, which makes using things manually harder.

I wanted to do something trivial (get the text property of a dropdown), but there's no documentation on this anywhere I can see.

The docs have no example usage and the samples are like this; which doesn't ever get the component or it's properties:-

<RadzenDropDown AllowClear="true" AllowFiltering="true" FilterCaseSensitivity="FilterCaseSensitivity.CaseInsensitive"
                                @bind-Value=@multipleValues Multiple="true" Placeholder="Select..." Data=@customers TextProperty="CompanyName" ValueProperty="CustomerID"
                                Change=@(args => OnChange(args, "DropDown with multiple selection")) Style="width:300px" />

@code {
void OnChange(object value, string name)
    {
        var str = value is IEnumerable<object> ? string.Join(", ", (IEnumerable<object>)value) : value;

console.Log($"{name} value changed to {str}");
    }
}

How do i actually get the TextProperty (CompanyName)?

Am I doing something wrong by not using the Radzen tool, I just don't see the need for it when i've already got a project in VS.

You can check this thread: Getting the name from a selected dropdown value

The Value of the DropDown is the property specified by ValueProperty (or a collection of those properties if multiple selection is enabled). If you don't set ValueProperty the Value will be the data item itself.

In this example ValueProperty is set to CustomerID and multiple selection is enabled. Thus the value of the DropDown is a collection of the selected CustomerID values e.g. [1,2,3]. If you don't set ValueProperty the Value of the DropDown (and the argument of the Change event) will be a collection of Customer entities.

Thanks for the reply. I'd searched and seen that post before, and doing it that way will allow me to get the name from the object. I just thought there might be a way to get the "text" property of the drop-down as well as the value. I come from JS and the frameworks i've used there had .text and .value properties for any component. Might be something that's worth adding to RadZen.