The following message has started to appear in my Blazor Server Side application:
An unhandled exception has occurred. See browser dev tools for details. Reload 🗙
Using Microsoft Edge the console shows this:
[2020-08-06T20:30:06.055Z] Information: Normalizing '_blazor' to 'http://localhost:5000/_blazor'.
blazor.server.js:1 [2020-08-06T20:30:06.080Z] Information: WebSocket connected to ws://localhost:5000/_blazor?id=bgz2UZClzvMXjGh_fyO8Sg.
Using the Radzen App I created one with an empty page.
Had to edit the _Host file and change the body to:@(await Html.RenderComponentAsync(RenderMode.Server))
<div id="blazor-error-ui"> <environment include="Staging,Production"> An error has occurred. This application may no longer respond until reloaded. </environment> <environment include="Development"> An unhandled exception has occurred. See browser dev tools for details. </environment> <a href="" class="reload">Reload</a> <a class="dismiss">🗙</a> </div> <script src="_content/Radzen.Blazor/Radzen.Blazor.js"></script> <script src="_framework/blazor.server.js"></script>
The "blazor-error-ui" was missing from the generated code.
Since my app is research I also had to change the csproj to the following:
This only started happening this afternoon after I updated Visual Studio preview to:
Version 16.8.0 Preview 1.0
The Radzen package reference is:
In my application I have always had Radzen and the "blazor-error-ui" in the _Host.
This only started to appear after I updated to the latest VS Preview.
There are no exceptions showing up in the VS output window or the Browser Dev Tools.
I then used VS Preview to generate its Blazor Server side template, changed to net5.0 and it does not show the exception message.