Radzen September, 2017 Updates

Dear Reader,

Welcome to the September, 2017 issue of the Radzen monthly newsletter!

The major new additions that shipped this month are:

The new features in development are:
  • Nested component, template designers and page layouts.
  • New components (CheckBox, RadioButton, SplitButton, TextArea, Slider, ListBox, AutoComplete, Mask and TabStrip)
  • ASP.NET Core 2.0 support (Visual Basic support for server-side projects)
  • New connectivity (PostgreSQL)
  • Roadmap.
New documentation articles: New blog posts: Get the latest bits for Windows, macOS or Linux (32bit and 64bit).

If you have questions, need help or want to share your feedback with us you can post on our forum or shoot an email at info@radzen.com.

Warm regards,
The Radzen Team

How is the PostgreSQL connectivity coming? It is now January 2018, are you able to indicate if you are weeks, months or years away from PostgreSQL support? Just trying to get a general idea of your timeline.

Hi @AWalter,

PostgreSQL connectivity was postponed due to higher priority tasks, however we are still committed to provide this feature as soon as we can.

Is this something that you are relying on?

Best Regards,
Vladimir

Thanks for the quick reply! I work with both MS and Postgre SQL so I can experiment with MS for now. I use PostGIS for the spatial functions and have a few recent database projects that need a web front end. The databases are built, populated and integrated into desktop applications so they are maintained and ready to go. Radzen seems like a perfect solution for my use case.

Hi @AWalter ,

Can you provide more info about the functionality in the current desktop apps? At the moment Radzen is using .NET Core and the support for spatial types in the framework itself, EF and OData is very limited, still there are third party solutions like GeoAPI that might work however we have not tried them.

Best Regards,
Vladimir

We use 3rd party apps like QGIS to build and publish maps. We don’t maintain the spatial data, I consume it from others at regular intervals so I do that directly in the database and server side integration services. I would create a web map service that would be consumed by OpenLayers or Leaflet and Javascript on the web side for any spatial rendering. So I don’t really need to interact with the spatial data via Radzen. I would just want to build a CRUD app to display and edit the table data. So I am in Postgre to take advantage of easy integration with QGIS and Web Map Services and could use a turnkey way to spin up a fairly simple but secure front end web app with straightforward tables and forms.

Hi @AWalter,

In this case Postgre support with CRUD will do the work. We will raise the priority of this feature and we will do our best to provide it soon!

Best Regards,
Vladimir

Hi @AWalter,

Just to let you know that we already have progress with PostgreSQL support.

I'll update this thread when we are ready!

Best Regards,
Vladimir

Hi,

We’ve just released Radzen 1.26.0 with PostgreSQL support included.

Let us know if you have any questions and/or problems!

Best Regards,
Vladimir