Searchable Dropdowns

Hi,
I was just wondering if there are any plans for having the rz-lookup-form-fields searchable in the future, or if there is already something like that in place that I overlooked. By searchable I’m referring to the ability for a user to start typing in the dropdown and have the results filter, much like the grid column filter feature. Thanks in advance for any feedback.

-Frank

Hi Frank,

We have Autocomplete as a separate component and we can add it as form field as well. Is this what you are looking for?

Best Regards,
Vladimir

Hi Vladimir,
Thanks! I wasn’t aware of that component. Ideally for my use case it would be a combination of this Autocomplete and the dropdown component, so that users can either click and see a list, or start typing and see a filtered list.

@fantolino17 I see what you mean. We will implement that soon and update the thread.

That would be awesome, thanks a lot!

-Frank

Hi Frank,

Just to let you know that we've added AllowFiltering to both DropDown and LookupFormField components in Radzen 1.18.3:

Best Regards,
Vladimir

That’s great, thanks a lot! I really appreciate the quick responses!

Hey Vladimir,

Can you add the the autocomplete component as part of the form fields?

Thanks,
Jatin

Hi Jatin,

You can convert the Form to TemplateForm and add/replace desired input with AutoComplete component.

Best Regards,
Vladimir

Got it. How can I set the default value of the autocomplete? This is for an "edit" page and I tried setting the Value property via the properties window as I would do if it were a normal dropdown.

Thanks,