Radzen versatilty

Hi,

this is my first post so I would like to greet everybody.

I never used Radzen so I am forming a general idea, probably I will pose obvious questions but I searched a lot in the documentation and I did not find anything.

Maybe I will need to install then final application in different situations: what happens if sometimes I need to use mySql and sometimes MsSql server? In development we choose one but in production it is matter of string connection, is it?

Architectural (not hardware) Linux Server requirements to run the application with Blazor (if possible)?

thanks

Hi @freefly,

In development we choose one but in production it is matter of string connection, is it?

Unfortunately it isn't that simple. Radzen uses entity framework core which has different providers for the different databases. Changing the connection string will not work. The MySQL provider won't work with a MSSQL database and vice versa.

Architectural (not hardware) Linux Server requirements to run the application with Blazor (if possible)?

Radzen Blazor applications don't have any extra system requirements. You only need .NET Core 3.1 installed.

Hi korchev,

very good for Linux question! Can you tell me something more about what it is necessary to do to change DB. Not in detail, at least not now. Enabling providers in config file and regenerating the application would suffice?

Thanks again

Honestly Radzen doesn't support changing the database type like that. There are subtle differences in the database infer and code generation that depend on the database type. Simply changing a setting won't be enough.