Radzen 3.0 (vNext) Progress

It looks great. I am expecting this since a long time

I feel like a 7 year old kid the day before getting a new toy.

1 Like

A final status update (this thread got too big :slight_smile:)

What the heck is Radzen Blazor Studio?

We decided to rename Radzen 3.0 (a.k.a Radzen vNext or the thing you have been seeing screenshots of) to Radzen Blazor Studio. The existing version of Radzen and Radzen Blazor Studio will coexist for indefinite amount of time. Also both products are too different to share the same name.

What will the first release of Radzen Blazor Studio include?

The Radzen Blazor Studio CTP will include the following features:

1. Open existing Blazor applications (WebAssembly and server). Those applications may be either Radzen applications or your existing ones created with Visual Studio.
  2. Full WYSIWYG Blazor design-time experience - drag and drop components, set properties visually etc.
  3. Support for built-in and third party Blazor components (including Radzen.Blazor and other popular open source and commercial vendors)
  4. Visually edit C# code
  5. Full-blown code editing (when you want something custom)
  6. Create new Blazor pages

What will not be available in the Radzen Blazor Studio CTP then?

A few popular Radzen features are not ready yet and will need additional development time.

1. Create a new application (you will only be able to open existing ones in the CTP)
  2. Scaffold a database
  3. CRUD page wizard
  4. Security (adding security to existing app)
  5. Deployment
  6. Theme builder
  7. Multi-tenancy

Those will be added gradually with updates to Radzen Blazor Studio.

FAQ

Is Radzen Blazor Studio going to be free?

Radzen Blazor Studio will have free and premium features similar to what Radzen offers today. The features that we will ship in the CTP will be free!

I am an existing Radzen customer. Do I get the professional features of Radzen Blazor Studio?

Yes! Radzen Blazor Studio will be free for all Radzen Professional and Enterprise customers who have an active subscription at the time of its official release.

How much will Radzen Blazor Studio cost?

TBD! It will be in the same price range as Radzen. We have to be aware of the global economic situation though.

I am an existing Radzen customer. Should I start using Radzen Blazor CTP instead of Radzen?

You should probably wait if you rely heavily on some of the features that won't ship with the CTP. A hybrid development approach should be possible though - scaffold an app in Radzen and tweak it further in Radzen Blazor Studio.

Tell me when the CTP ships already !!!

We plan to release the Radzen Blazor CTP by the end of this month (March, 2022).

15 Likes